DIN vs YOKE

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

DIN vs YOKE

Post by Jeff2Dive »

Question all, can a first stage yoke (in my case Scubapro Mk16) be converted to HP DIN? can yoke handle HP? Also any special considerations for the second stage? (Scubapro 550)
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: DIN vs YOKE

Post by Nwbrewer »

You should be able to get a DIN connector for that reg. check with a SP dealer. The Max PSI is typically stamped on the yoke. Many are 3k max, but some are 3500 max. Should be no difference to the 2nd stage if your 1st stage is doing it's job.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Yes it can be converted. Yoke will handle HP fills just fine. It just depends on what tanks you have or plan on renting or buying. If you renting stick with yoke, If your planning on travel you will need yoke as most travel destinations only have yoke valves. On the other hand if you convert to DIN it is not a problem to carry a DIN to Yoke adapter.
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

Nwbrewer wrote: Many are 3k max, but some are 3500 max. Should be no difference to the 2nd stage if your 1st stage is doing it's job.
So does the first stage need to be adjusted if using HP in lieu of LP? That and who makes good HP 120s?
Don-B
Dive-aholic

Post by Don-B »

Jeff2Dive wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote: Many are 3k max, but some are 3500 max. Should be no difference to the 2nd stage if your 1st stage is doing it's job.
So does the first stage need to be adjusted if using HP in lieu of LP? That and who makes good HP 120s?
should be just fine as long as long as the yoke is rated for 230 bar.
my mk25 is.

for tanks I just bought 3 Faber hp117s over the last 2 months.
they are the same size and wieght as there lp95s
check with Josh at Tacoma Scuba when he might be getting some more in.i bought his last one he had in stock.
viperwsu
Frequent Bubbler

Post by viperwsu »

I converted my Aqualung Legend to DIN, and dive Worthington HP130's without an issue. But if I travel, I can just slap on the din-to-yoke adapter. I THINK the conversion kit had the parts to adjust the internal workings to the higher pressure, but since I didn't do the actual install I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeff2Dive wrote:
No, the reg should not need any adjustment, 3500psi should be in it's band of tolerance for pressure. There would not be any additional parts required between LP and HP. The regs are designed to work at 3500psi and down (obviously).

Worthington 119's are the bomb. PST 119's are pretty similar looking at them, but I've never dove one.