Tides App for iPhone

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Jluvs2dive
Just Settling In

Tides App for iPhone

Post by Jluvs2dive »

Can anyone recommend a good tides app for the iPhone? There are several in the app store but I was hoping some of you have tried some of them before I buy one.

Thanks,
John
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Re: Tides App for iPhone

Post by Rockfish »

I like Aye tides it is well supported and does not require internet access.

Mike
Jluvs2dive
Just Settling In

Post by Jluvs2dive »

Thanks. I read some of the reviews and a few talked about inaccuracies compared to the NOAA data. Some others talked about how small the buttons and print are. Have these issues been fixed or are they even really issues?

Thanks,
John
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Dont know if its available to iphone, (ouch), but tides and currents is awesome on the android.... :stir:
and its free! :partydance:
Jluvs2dive
Just Settling In

Post by Jluvs2dive »

Yeah I did a search on the forum before I posted and found that one. It looks great but is unfortunately not available for the iPhone. Thanks though!

John
jerryehrlich
Avid Diver

Post by jerryehrlich »

Jluvs2dive wrote:Can anyone recommend a good tides app for the iPhone? There are several in the app store but I was hoping some of you have tried some of them before I buy one.

Thanks,
John
TideTrac V 2.1

I have tried a bunch and this is one is very cool. I love the way you can slide the time and see the tide level at any chosen time.
Lots of other crappy ones out there :)

Best,
Jerry
Jluvs2dive
Just Settling In

Post by Jluvs2dive »

Thanks Jerry! That looks pretty cool and the reviews on it are amazing. I noticed it does not list predicted currents. Do you find that a limiting factor at all? Back when I was diving regularly I subscribed to Tide Guides, I think that's what it was called anyway, and I remember it had currents listed too. Do you guys use current predictions in your dive planning?

Thanks,
John