IP adjustment on Hog regs

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

IP adjustment on Hog regs

Post by pensacoladiver »

While the weather has been sucking here for the last week, I figured I would do some checks on the gear. Put the IP guage on my HOG reg and it's reading about 15-20 psi low. Reads about 110-115. However, when I press the red plastic button on the bottom of the reg, it shoots right up to what it should be... 135 ish.

My question is, is there an adjustment for this reg? It does not have the hex head adjustment screw like I am used to seeing.
camerone
Submariner

Re: IP adjustment on Hog regs

Post by camerone »

You need a pin spanner that takes off the end cap. The hex screw you're looking for is underneath the environment compensating diaphragm at the end. You have a ring, rubber diaphragm, and plastic disk with a pin sticking out of it, all held in place by that end ring.

The wrenches are available from scubatools.com, although if you don't care about the chrome finish, some electrical tape wrapped around the jaws of a set of channel lock pliers can get you by in a pinch.

When was the last time you rebuilt these?
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

I have the spanner wrenches. Just pulled the cap and found it!

It's been a bit over a year since I bought them. Now that I know where the ip is, I'll be rebuilding tonight

Thanks!!!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Thanks again. Just tuned it up to 135 and its rock solid. Gonna rebuild anyway.
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

No worries. Be sure to cycle it a bunch prior to the final dial in, once it's close, so that everything settles in neatly. Sounds like you've been using it an awful lot if it's due for a rebuild in a year... I'm envious as of late.
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Trying to break 300 dives this year. Got about 35 to go. We will see.

It's my primary doubles reg so it doesn't see as much use as my single, but its got close to 100 dives on it in the last year.