How many Cu ft. for a drysuit bottle?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Re: How many Cu ft. for a drysuit bottle?

Post by pogiguy05 »

Thanks now I can understand what you meant. more like a FLUSH OUT of all air means more argon insulating. Now I got a 13cf pony bottle and mount I have not used for a while.

Can any bottle if properly marked be used for argon?
Jeff Castor
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

^ Sure, a 13cf bottle can be used for Argon. It's the same diameter as the LP 8cf and a little longer.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Argon is inert and any cylinder can be used for argon without any special cleaning etc.
But mark it well and don't breathe it, obviously a 100% inert gas won't support life even on the surface.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

CaptnJack wrote:Argon is inert and any cylinder can be used for argon without any special cleaning etc.
Don't say that too loud... I heard rumors that some shops like to charge for Argon clean tanks...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

fishb0y wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Argon is inert and any cylinder can be used for argon without any special cleaning etc.
Don't say that too loud... I heard rumors that some shops like to charge for Argon clean tanks...
As one shop handed me back my freshly hydroed 3cf bottle, they remarked how dangerous it is to VIP my own tanks since there was no address on the (now expired) PSI VIP sticker to trace "bad gas" back to. The VIP sticker was right next to the "Argon do not breathe" sticker...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Seems if you had an adequate vacuum pump powered off 12v and an LP connector you could 'squeeze' yourself before the dive and not waste argon with a flush.
This is just an idea. I've never used argon myself but am interested.
What's a 6cf tank full set you back?
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

CaptnJack wrote:
fishb0y wrote:
As one shop handed me back my freshly hydroed 3cf bottle, they remarked how dangerous it is to VIP my own tanks since there was no address on the (now expired) PSI VIP sticker to trace "bad gas" back to. The VIP sticker was right next to the "Argon do not breathe" sticker...
:rofl: :rofl:
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

fmerkel wrote:Seems if you had an adequate vacuum pump powered off 12v and an LP connector you could 'squeeze' yourself before the dive and not waste argon with a flush.
I'm assuming you are joking
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

fmerkel wrote:Seems if you had an adequate vacuum pump powered off 12v and an LP connector you could 'squeeze' yourself before the dive and not waste argon with a flush.
Sorry but now I get a vision of someone using a vacuum pump and there is a malfunction for which then vacuum seals the diver tightly into his suit. I know I am weird like that most times. :nutty: :BDub: :neener:
Jeff Castor
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

CaptnJack wrote:As one shop handed me back my freshly hydroed 3cf bottle, they remarked how dangerous it is to VIP my own tanks since there was no address on the (now expired) PSI VIP sticker to trace "bad gas" back to. The VIP sticker was right next to the "Argon do not breathe" sticker...
Was this a shop located in Bremerton?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

or you could stand in shallow water and simultaneously prime your p-valve for free...
At a dive shop, about $3 or so.
fishb0y wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:As one shop handed me back my freshly hydroed 3cf bottle, they remarked how dangerous it is to VIP my own tanks since there was no address on the (now expired) PSI VIP sticker to trace "bad gas" back to. The VIP sticker was right next to the "Argon do not breathe" sticker...
Was this a shop located in Bremerton?
Winner!