Uwatec 330M question

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Uwatec 330M question

Post by Nwbrewer »

My cochran died and I replaced it with an uwatec BT.

Anybody know how to get an Uwatec 330M out of the stupid OEM wrist mount housing? The Original BT that I had the wrist boot was soft, and I could get it out easily. This one seems to have a had plastic ring on the outside, no idea how to get it free to put in a DSS boot.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: Uwatec 330M question

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

You should ask our resident expert on DIY projects. His name is Jake, he goes by NWbrewer here..... oh wait, never mind.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
deeprapture
Just Settling In

Post by deeprapture »

Hey buddy, not sure if you'll feel like givin this a go, but I had the same issue a few days ago. The soft rubber mount is open on the top so its easy to pop the BT out, but on the rigid mount there is a lip on the top which is about 80% what fights us removing it. The arrows and grooves on the back also give the idea that there may be a tool to remove the BT.

Well, after a few hours of back n forth, "should I just go for it" and "but it might break" I went for it and it popped. Just apply pressure, albeit more than may feel right, to the backside of the BT, as close as possible to the backside edge, to reduce the pressure your transferring to the depth sensor plate. Once the top of the BT gets over that lip its cake, but up til then it'll feel like your pushing way too hard. The depth plate did flex a bit when I did mine, but after testing the BT to 50m its still good and accurate. This test was my own anal DIY nature. I didn't ever really think the BT was hurt by the removal.

Another option if you don't care about the rigid mount, carefully peel back half moon of top lip, the try.

Sorry to make such simple directions turn into an essay. Hope you get it bud. The DSS is much better, IMO.

Take it easy.
deeprapture
Just Settling In

Post by deeprapture »

One last idea, to get more focused pressure on the backside edge. Take a small to med size flat head screwdriver, put a couple wraps of elec. tape on tip and up about 2", then use that instead of fingers. Be sure you and the BT are braced well. Don't want to be poking anything with that flathead. Neither you nor sensor plate. I tried it a minute ago, before posting. It works better, but there's more room for "oh sh8t"

Good luck mate...