Spring Straps

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Spring Straps

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

So this was my first dives this weekend with my new shiny spring straps for my fins. All I can say is WOO!!!!! Spring straps should be standard. No more futzing around with trying to get clips on, floating and bobbing around.....than having to get a buddy to help when you reach point of being totally annoyed by feeling like an idiot. Now its just jump in, pull them over and off you go!

Had to share the joy of spring straps for the first time :-)

:eric:
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: Spring Straps

Post by Jeremy »

lol, funny!

Welcome to the springstrap club
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Once you go spring, you never go back!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

They are standard on the Hollis F-1's
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I noticed, in a recent review of fins in Scuba Diver magazine, that about half the models they featured had some kind of spring or elastic (bungie) strap.

Spring straps were the first thing I ran into after my OW class that told me there was a world of better equipment out there . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

If there is some kind of secret handshake or newsletter for this club, I would like to be included. Big fan.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

LCF wrote:I noticed, in a recent review of fins in Scuba Diver magazine, that about half the models they featured had some kind of spring or elastic (bungie) strap.

Spring straps were the first thing I ran into after my OW class that told me there was a world of better equipment out there . . .
It would seem that some of the companies are beginning to take note of the popularity of spring straps. It just makes sense to include such a popular feature.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

I got to dive my F1's for the first time this past weekend at Cove 2. I found that even with a size 13 rock boot I had to adjust my springs because somehow I managed to knock one fin off. Luckily for me my dive buddy saw it and grabbed right after it dropped. I knew something felt weird but did not pinpoint it for a few seconds. I put my fin back on and away I went...no muss, no fuss! I love spring straps!!!
jerryehrlich
Avid Diver

Post by jerryehrlich »

Dusty2 wrote:They are standard on the Hollis F-1's
And F2's :)