My suits in, My suits in :)))

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

My suits in, My suits in :)))

Post by Dusty2 »

Well my suit is finally in and it looks great. However I'm thinking the legs are too long and they didn't do any of the ad on's I ask for, (replaceable silicone wrist seals, side pocket, and dry gloves) All of which I can live without unless the legs need shortened. So now I have a quandary. Send it back and miss more dive days or live with it and see how it works?

Are you around Bob? Or are you in the so pacific? I'd like someone knowledgeable to look at it on me.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Re: My suits in, My suits in :)))

Post by rcontrera »

If you ordered a suit with options and they didn't include them and if you also ordered it as a custom and it doesn't fit perfect, then go back to the store and have them make it right.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

What brand suit is it Dusty?

Typically all those options and measurements will be on the order sheet sent to the manufacturer, so you should at least ask for a copy of that to confirm.

K
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

The shop already offered to send it back and there is no question that they would have already done it today if I was willing to do so but I have already waited 6 weeks and I have a week in PT planned for the 24th and I would hate to lose another opertunity waiting on a suit repair. I'm going to have the shop call the company tomorrow to see if they can get it done that soon.

I am not naming the company because sh t happens and they were under a lot of pressure to get several suits done that were ordered at the same time. I was measured by the factory rep and the shop manager so I am sure the measurements were right but I have no way of knowing if the suit conforms to those measurements. This is why I would like an opinion from someone who knows these suits and can say yes it's the way they come or no it needs fixing. Like I said I can live without the pocket and replaceable wrist seals and I am pretty sure that I have not payed for those. The dry gloves I will have to have but I can put them on. Just venting a bit of frustration. The same thing happened when I ordered my Bare dry suit. It had to be sent back for mods.

The good part is it's not too small and I can go ahead and try it and if it's not right I can send it back later. I have no doubt that the shop will do whatever we need to get it right.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Dive it.

Let YOUR opinion be clear.

I don't know what it is with dry suit repairs / customizations - horror story after horror story, and not limited to a particular manufacturer. My guess is that the work is a major pita and that there aren't lots of skilled folks doing it that aren't swamped.

Those of you who are 'normal' sized should thank your lucky stars.

So.... do you want to jump in the water today? I am heading down to Three Tree in a few hours...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I have a pretty hard line, if its not what I ordered, I send it back. And raise bloody hell as well, thats inexcusable. If they cant fix it in a reasonable time, I'd get a different suit.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Tom Nic wrote:Dive it.
So.... do you want to jump in the water today? I am heading down to Three Tree in a few hours...
Not at three tree, That hill would kill me! Not to mention the heat :rawlings:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

gotta figure out wheelchair access for you. :rawlings:

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Jeff Pack wrote:gotta figure out wheelchair access for you. :rawlings:
An escalator would be nice. :rofl:
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Dusty... my friend... you've already waited this long and paid your very hard earned money. If you wanted those features there must be a reason, have those reasons changed? Do you no longer care about those things you ordered and paid for? if not why not ask them to refund what was not done?
If you do still want them then why not send it back, you've waited this long only to get short changed would a few more days/weeks be all that big a deal? Especially if the end result is the EXACT suit you WANT with all the features you desire.

I'm not a big fan of 'raising hell' as my experience has shown that while the squeaky wheel may get the grease, a screaming wheel usually just gets replaced.... simply letting someone know that you are unhappy - especially those that really need us to enjoy their product- is usually enough to get them to step up and do right.

good luck.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I'd raise hell, as too many places, once they'd got your money, the next persons money is next in line.

I'd make damned sure they moved mine to the front, it was agreed to certain changes, and paid for. The next person in line can wait. Its not your problem the manufacturer screwed up.

bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Maybe they can make you a new one and let you use this one until you get the replacement. That would be good customer service.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

yup

rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

bradmond wrote:Maybe they can make you a new one and let you use this one until you get the replacement. That would be good customer service.
While the shop may want to do this, sometimes manufacturers won't allow the store to return a used suit. Check with the store FIRST!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dusty2 wrote:The shop already offered to send it back and there is no question that they would have already done it today if I was willing to do so ..... I have no doubt that the shop will do whatever we need to get it right.
Jeff Pack wrote:I'd raise hell, as too many places, once they'd got your money, the next persons money is next in line.

I'd make damned sure they moved mine to the front, it was agreed to certain changes, and paid for. The next person in line can wait. Its not your problem the manufacturer screwed up.
Just curious, based on the quote above, what makes you think that raising hell would be warranted? Seems to me that the shop was making an effort to get the situation corrected, and the only reason that the suit is not currently on it's way back to the manufacturer is Dusty's choice.

Berating the staff at the shop is hardly going to make the situation better, and in my small amount of retail experience is simply going to cause the staff to put you at the back of the line.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

bradmond wrote:Maybe they can make you a new one and let you use this one until you get the replacement. That would be good customer service.
That would be amazing service but not likely, FYI the shop is just as upset as I am since it made them look bad too and I am sure all will be fixed in time. As for things that were paid for the the seals and pocket were added to the order and were to be paid on delivery so nothing lost there and the shop already has a set of dry glove rings that I will pick up tomorrow so no monetary loss and they are easy to put on.

Yelling at the shop would be stupid since they had nothing to do with the late delivery and they did all they could to get it as quickly as they could. I would be shooting the messenger and fouling the waters for future orders when it would have no effect on the suit manufacturer at all.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Dusty2 wrote:The shop already offered to send it back and there is no question that they would have already done it today if I was willing to do so ..... I have no doubt that the shop will do whatever we need to get it right.
Jeff Pack wrote:I'd raise hell, as too many places, once they'd got your money, the next persons money is next in line.

Just curious, based on the quote above, what makes you think that raising hell would be warranted? Seems to me that the shop was making an effort to get the situation corrected, and the only reason that the suit is not currently on it's way back to the manufacturer is Dusty's choice.

Berating the staff at the shop is hardly going to make the situation better, and in my small amount of retail experience is simply going to cause the staff to put you at the back of the line.

Jake
I'm curious where I ever said to raise hell with the shop, its not their fault. They just ordered it, its the manufacturer that screwed the pooch.

McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Good news and not so good news Dusty!

Glad to hear you can start diving again and hope they get everything worked out for you.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

So anyhow I have a suit in hand that I can wear and I have a week long trip to PT starting on the 24th which would not allow them time to do the mods and get it back so. I will return it after I get re-hydrated and come back. Hopefully they will be less busy by then and can get it back in a reasonable time frame.