Neoprene and latex seals.

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Neoprene and latex seals.

Post by Linedog »

I'm looking at doing some alterations on my drysuit, does anybody have a go to place where I can purchase wrist and neck seals? Either local or online is fine.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Alaska-Herb
Aquaphile

Re: Neoprene and latex seals.

Post by Alaska-Herb »

I have a great luck with Dive Right In scuba http://www.diverightinscuba.com/ I would shop local but I don't have a local supply for anything. They treat me like I was a local customer coming in every day
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

http://shop.gummifabrikken.com/ sells latex seals and they seem to be good ones from my experience.
g&d0221
Just Settling In

Post by g&d0221 »

Tacoma Scuba might have what your looking for.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dive right in scuba.. like herb said.. best prices... or underwater sports
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Bob3 on Scubaboard is an incredibly helpful individual if you have questions, and his prices are pretty competitive - http://comdive.com/
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'm surprised that Nwbrewer didn't mention that both of us have made our own neoprene neck seals. I think Seattle Fabrics will ship to you, I just stopped by since I was living a mile away at the time.

If you are in Seattle both Northwest Outdoor Center and Underwater Sports (the Seattle/Northgate location weekdays when the repair techs are working) carry latex seals. Northwest Outdoor Center also sells small quantities of PB-300, the contact cement that releases when heated making future seal replacement much easier, which would otherwise require a HAZMAT shipping charge.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

renoun wrote:I'm surprised that Nwbrewer didn't mention that both of us have made our own neoprene neck seals. I think Seattle Fabrics will ship to you, I just stopped by since I was living a mile away at the time.

If you are in Seattle both Northwest Outdoor Center and Underwater Sports (the Seattle/Northgate location weekdays when the repair techs are working) carry latex seals. Northwest Outdoor Center also sells small quantities of PB-300, the contact cement that releases when heated making future seal replacement much easier, which would otherwise require a HAZMAT shipping charge.
Not everyone is as adventurous as we are. :taco:

If you decide to make your own neck seal let me know, I think I still have the template around.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

I am a member of the long body, short arms and legs club. I am looking at cutting my arms about 4 inches shorter, same with my legs.
Pop tarts and gravy,
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Linedog wrote:I am a member of the long body, short arms and legs club. I am looking at cutting my arms about 4 inches shorter, same with my legs.
Are you planning to do that yourself, have your wife get out the chainsaw and sewing kit, or go in for a real surgeon to shorten all your limbs to fit? <evil_grin> :angelblue:

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Linedog wrote:I am a member of the long body, short arms and legs club. I am looking at cutting my arms about 4 inches shorter, same with my legs.
Won't that give you shorter arms and legs without hands and feet? I bet you could get a mod to change your name to stumpy if you asked politely.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

But then I would have to duct tape my fins on.
Pop tarts and gravy,
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I see a mono fin in your future
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

We carry standard latex seals in stock at all times for retail and also for our own repair department. We're in Auburn and ship out items daily from our web business...so if you still want to shop local, we're here to help.
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.