New drysuit diver seal ?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
isac777
Frequent Bubbler

New drysuit diver seal ?

Post by isac777 »

How tight do my seals need to be? I trimmed my DUI wrist seals down to the 5 mark and they still leave a red mark on my wrist after wearing for 5 mins. Seem too tight. Then the neck seal which i have my measurement to UwS seems tight also. I called them and they recommend stretching wrists on soup can overnight and neck on coffee can. Do u guys do that as well?

-lost circulation in everett
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: New drysuit diver seal ?

Post by Nwbrewer »

Latex (and Neoprene to some extent) seals stretch over time. On new seals some soup cans in the wrist seals for a few days and the neck stretched over a tank should get them to their relaxed state so you can better determine if they need additional trimming.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

To me they never seem as tight underwater as when testing them.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Stretching new latex seals is pretty much the norm. I have never had a set that didn't feel to tight but I have never had to trim a set after stretching
isac777
Frequent Bubbler

Post by isac777 »

Thanks guys! Soup cans here i come! Its perfect timing i get my cold water wetsuit diving/buoyancy diving down to where I'm not a Hoover and then i get a drysuit but I'm stoked bc my dive buddy will no longer hear a NO when asked about a second dive
isac777
Frequent Bubbler

Post by isac777 »

So tried on the suit. Now my neck feels real tight guess ill just wear her around the house and maybe ill get use to it