It's TWINS!!!!!

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

It's TWINS!!!!!

Post by Dave »

Yeah Baby!!!! I can't wait to get 'em wet. I just got a set of steel Faber 98's with dive rite straps and pro thermo valves and mainfold.I have never dove with doubles other than an aluminum 80 and a 30 cu ft pony.I mounted them on my Zeagle tech and there doesn't seem to be much side to side slop even without a back plate??Anyway, I am looking forward to some major bottom time,,,,see you guys in the water soon...
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Twins?

Congrats Dave does this mean you will be giving us all Regs?
you know when you have a baby you give out stogies well I was thinking as your so excited it would be worth a shot any how.

Im not sure I want to go the twin route thats a lot of weight to lug around
then yuo do get to drop a little more led.

I mean diving Twins does make a lot of sence to me
you get to remove some led. Trade the weight for Air.

Bottom tie is extended. need I say more?

Hope you enjoy them
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

close,,,but no cigar,,,I mean regs...

Post by Dave »

Hey thanks Sparky,,,,,close but no cigar,,, I mean regs. I am pretty thrilled, I am looking forward to going deeper and am really looking forward to my first two hour dive at rec depth. I sat down on my living room floor and put em on and stood up ( yeah I'm that weird) and walked around the house with them a while and I was surprised that they really didn't seem bad at all??? I figure I will drop about 8 to 10 pounds of lead , but the main thing for me is BOTTOM TIME and the redundant air source........ :rolleyes:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Congratulations Dave, you're going to be in major pain this week since you can't get em wet! :ANAL:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

OUCH!!!

Post by Dave »

OUCH!!! I may have to do a night dive this weekend just to check em out,,,,maybe Alki Saturday?????? Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to wait till next weekend and Wednesday's may have just been deleted for me for about six months or so..... :axe:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Man, we need to get this plan together. Jaan wants to go around 11, Jason (diverdown) can't go until the afternoon and now Dave is available at night. Can we come to a middleground? I want to dive with all you guys! :-({|=

Please post replies about diving tomorrow on the other thread.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

You guys do what works, I am being the odd ball this weekend, if I have to wait till next weekend my gills should make it (maybe) I would go solo but I would be more comfy diving with buds on my first twins dive..... :prayer:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

:hal Ok, we'll have to hold off till we see you in the water again, proud father of new baby twins.

:wav:
da_jab
Aquaphile

Re: close,,,but no cigar,,,I mean regs...

Post by da_jab »

Way to go Dave! =D>
Dave wrote:I sat down on my living room floor and put em on and stood up ( yeah I'm that weird) and walked around the house with them a while and I was surprised that they really didn't seem bad at all???
That doesn't seem weird to me at all, since it's a new piece of gear you need to get to know it well. While doubles are a bit bulky on land but in the water they are just great. So time to start stretching I guess. ;)
Dave wrote: I figure I will drop about 8 to 10 pounds of lead , but the main thing for me is BOTTOM TIME and the redundant air source........
Redundancy is one of the best things, but man, the bottom time and depths you can do are really something else. It also makes you think about taking a trimix course, so more expenses are on the way. ;)
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Of Course

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the replies,,,it seemed to me to be the natural progression to go to doubles and how right you are,,,I haven't even got these wet yet and I have already had trimix thoughts in the back of my mind, ,,,,I am going to check out the link you have in your post......... :book:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Good link

Post by Dave »

Good link on stretching, what good is an isolation valve if you can't reach it!!! That was actually the first thing I tried once I put them on and was successful in reaching it, granted I was not in my dry suit or in the water. I will definitely be practicing the stretch once I hit the water...
:book: