tiny hands.. need gloves..

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

tiny hands.. need gloves..

Post by Emilyrc »

Ladies, where do you get your dry gloves from? My hands fit into extra small wet gloves, so maybe a small or medium dry gloves would work with a liner. Work 'n' more quit carrying the "best" gloves that most of my buddies use. I would guess and order online, but I've done enough guessing and need to find something small and sturdy.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: tiny hands.. need gloves..

Post by Penopolypants »

I buy these from Amazon:
but have found them in store at Cost Plus World Market (of all places) and also at some kitchen supply stores. Atlas gloves can also be found at Seattle Marine: http://www.seattlemarine.net/atlas_glov ... gloves.htm
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Id like to add that she is using Jake Specials so the gloves need to be same material inside as out.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Ah, thank you rick.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Ah. Never mind then on the links I gave, they are not the same inside and out. Viking makes some that come in different sizes, but I don't know who would carry them locally. http://comdive.com/parts.html#Drygloves__Rings_Info:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Can you find dish washing gloves that work for you? You might find them at a restaurant supply store closer to home.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

I found some "dishwashing" gloves that alrwady have holes. And are huge. One size fits all. But me. :angry:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Can you use vinyl, but turn the cuff inward so you have vinyl on both sides?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dashrynn wrote:Can you use vinyl, but turn the cuff inward so you have vinyl on both sides?
That works if the cuff is big enough to slip it over the ring.

Emily, April got some from Seamar that worked ages ago. I imagine they still have something similar.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Yeah, I got some that I thought would work, but the cuff wasnt big enough to fold..
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

So, which ones does she use? The pvc?
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

I use these one's from Amazon over my rings, and I love them. They're a little on the thin side, so prolly not the best for crabbing or spearfishing, but they are reasonably tough. They also give me decent dexterity for hitting camera buttons, and after a little bit of practice I can put them on by myself pretty quickly. They run a little smaller than I would guess, so I'll bet the small size would work.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Those Showa gloves should work.

The ones April had were just like the ones I have but in a smaller size, the black rubber gloves with orange inside.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

I used to use those black/orange gloves. I used to get them from a commercial dive shop in Seattle. Will see if I can find the address for ya.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Norris wrote: Jake Specials
I believe I know "who" you refer to...... nwbrewer????
But I've not heard of or seen the "Jake Specials".....

Do you have pix, or maybe a link... I did a search here and couldn't find it yet

inquiring minds want to know

Thanks in advance Norris
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

found them.... too cool...
incredibly creative person....
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy