Spring for Knighthawk

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Spring for Knighthawk

Post by Tangfish »

Anyone know what the part number is or where I can get a spring for a scubapro Knighthawk bcd shoulder exhaust valve? A buddy bought a bcd with a busted spring and his LDS is saying it'll take at least two weeks to diagnose and that since it's life support gear they can't give him the spring for him to fix himself.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Spring for Knighthawk

Post by Grateful Diver »

Has he tried taking the busted spring to Tacoma Screw and seeing if they can match it? I've found any number of parts for various types of scuba equipment there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

Try Amazon supply, which was the old SmallParts.com. Anything in 316 or 304 stainless of the approximate size should be fine. It just needs to fit into the groove inside the elbow. You could also just call up Oxycheq, Hog, dss, dive gear express, etc. Most of the springs in those dump valves are basically interchangeable to some degree and those guys are all super great about parts for things and supporting their customers, apparently unlike the LDS your friend chose.

Honestly, your friend is better off replacing the whole piece with a standard inflator and elbow. Shoulder dumps are a disaster waiting to happen.
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Post by straitscuba »

Try Don at Octopus Gardens Diving in Port Townsend. I had the same problem with my lower dump on my Knighthawk and I had Don order me a replacement piece. The whole thing was less than $20.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

DGE has dumps -

https://www.divegearexpress.com/bcs/bcdparts.shtml#419

For $9 he could just put a straight elbow on it.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Thanks for all the great answers y'all. My buddy has got a few good options to go with now. Won't name the shop, but geez... what nimrods.