Travel Bag

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Travel Bag

Post by Desert Diver »

I got an Edge bag from DRIS and am using it in Mexico right now. Super light weight (6lb) and the zipper seems to be good and the extendable handle seems sturdy. The plastic base block that lets it stand up fell off this evening. Screws came loose, but other than that it is a winner so far for $120 delivered.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Desert Diver wrote:I got an Edge bag from DRIS and am using it in Mexico right now. Super light weight (6lb) and the zipper seems to be good and the extendable handle seems sturdy. The plastic base block that lets it stand up fell off this evening. Screws came loose, but other than that it is a winner so far for $120 delivered.
Uhm.... I wouldn't call a "plastic base block" that "fell off" a winner. Especially for $120. Walmart cheapie? Then maybe it's OK, but for $120 the thing darn well better not be falling apart.

Unless I've beat the crap out of it for 5 years or so. :axe:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

I agree, but it is just 2 stainless steel screws that came undone. Fixed with a little locktite it will be good. I'm much more worried about seams and zippers and so far they appear to be good......and it weighs 6 pounds and has an extendable handle.