WTB old point and shoot?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

WTB old point and shoot?

Post by CaptnJack »

Have an old point and shoot like an Olympus or Canon that you don't use anymore? I am looking to buy a small camera mostly to take in water video clips, occasional stills. The 130ft depth rated housings are fine. I can supply an SD card if you want to keep that. PM me what you got please, thanks.

Richard
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: WTB old point and shoot?

Post by Gdog »

I've got an Olympus 5060 and only housing. Not really small but....
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

I have a cannon elph, but no housing... maybe not super helpful, but its just sitting around if you think you could find a housing for it.
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
tasarsailor
Just Settling In

Post by tasarsailor »

I have very old school point and shoot film camera....with external flash.
tasarsailor
Just Settling In

Post by tasarsailor »

I should specify it is an underwater camera with the ys40 flash. But its film....
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I have an SJ5000 and SJ4000 (GO PRO wannabees) and you can get them for like 70-80 dollars WITH underwater housing. I have had them pretty deep and they offer what you are looking for, small, 1080p video, stills, 170degree wide angle. Just a thought.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Dusty is going to hook me up, thanks for the offers folks :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

CaptnJack, not sure what Dusty has available but if you're still looking afterwards I've got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ50 with the underwater housing and all the original accessories and box. It's a good setup and looking to upgrade, but would have to get rid of this gem first. Let me know.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Dusty is selling his Canon G10 so roughly the same level camera.

If either of yours or his have a deeper than 130ft rated housing (e.g. something like the 200ft ikelite) that would seal the deal. I can limit myself to recreational limits if need be, but having a housing suitable for deeper dives would be a welcome bonus. I don't know if deeper housing are available for these older models nowadays and I don't really have the budget for anything fancy either.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Yea. Mine is the case that Panasonic made for the camera. It has a depth rating of 40M/131ft.

There is an Ikelite housing for the camera (Product Number 6170.35) that retails for $475. Not too bad compared to some of the other models that are out there.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!