Recomendations for Dry Gloves

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Post by bschnabel »

I have a Whites Fusion Bullet and am looking for dry glove options. I have the standard, not quick change, seals. Any opinions and recommendations on where to buy would be very helpful. Not looking to spend a fortune, just something that will keep me dry and something I can do myself.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Recomendations for Dry Gloves

Post by Penopolypants »

I have the Vikings Bayonet system on my fusion and love them. They are quick to add/remove them to your suit and to change the gloves.

They have a hazmat version with a thicker o ring that can make them difficult, and some people apparently had their system shipped with those - for most people who don't like them, this is why. You'll know if you got sent the wrong o ring.

The "stripped" kit is what I got:

http://comdive.com/parts.html#Drygloves__Rings_Info:

A lot of people really like the old Diving Concepts system, and although they're put of business now I thought someone picked up their dry glove system and we're producing it themselves. Could be wrong about that one though.

I have tried the Kubi/UTD system and liked it, but not enough to justify the price tag.

http://kubi.sk/en/-configurator-of-dime ... loves.html

And I used to have these SiTech gloves but personally didn't care for them. The person I sold them to like them a lot though, so YMMV.

http://www.sitech.se/products/dry-glove ... glove.aspx

For the gloves themselves many people pick up Atlas gloves from Seattle Marine, either the blue gloves (660) or the thinner orange version (620).
http://www.seattlemarine.net/atlas_gloves/all.htm

I like True Blues dish gloves because they're as thick as the Atlas gloves but come in different colors.

Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Pen are the true blue gloves the thickness of the 620atlas or the 660atlas?
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

We have a XL I think pair of atlas gloves at tlsea for $40 I was looking at them last night, but not the ring system
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Gdog wrote:Pen are the true blue gloves the thickness of the 620atlas or the 660atlas?
They are the thicker ones.
verrinne wrote:We have a XL I think pair of atlas gloves at tlsea for $40 I was looking at them last night, but not the ring system
The gloves are a fraction of that cost at Seattle Marine.....around $4-$5 a pair I believe.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

verrinne wrote:We have a XL I think pair of atlas gloves at tlsea for $40 I was looking at them last night, but not the ring system
$40 just for the blue gloves? Wow.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I put the SiTech rings on my Fusion and no problems. Using the blue Atlas gloves with green wool liners from Seattle Marine. Also using silicone wrist seals. Jeff at TLSea showed me how to attach the rings to the suit. There are a few steps involved but not to difficult.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

As Penopolypants mentioned that's way too expensive - bordering on being a rip off. If you can't get down to Seattle Marine (they have bankers hours in the winter) you can get them off from Amazon:

The blue ones:

The orange ones:
xBabyJesus
Avid Diver

Post by xBabyJesus »

I love my kubi's. Second choice would be the Viking bayonet (made by sitech) as it's the most low clearance plastic ring system I've seen. Third is the sitech glove lock qcp. Works flawlessly but the rings are rather big.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Post by bschnabel »

Thanks for all the input. Ended up being gifted the Vikinig Classic design (Si Tech Rings), pullover gloves. Have yet to dive them, but installed them the other day on my whites fusion bullet suit. Others that have done this, what have you done to ensure the Velcro straps do not interfere with the ring seal? I know it is an easy visual check, but if I move the rings back further I get wrinkles in the suit. Have to keep them close to the seal.

Also, what do you do with the suit since it is not velco'd into position? Maybe this will all be apparent when I start diving it.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Being that we work so close, I can bring my suit to work one day and meet you. You can look at mine and see how to do it. Much easier than writing it all. I can tommorow if that works for you.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Also, the blue Atlas gloves are $3.99 at TL Sea. I think the yellow liners are close to $6.00.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Post by bschnabel »

Thanks I will take you up on that someday. Any chance for a picture in the meantime? I am off to "sunny" chicago for the holidays. No diving for a week.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I'll take some pics of my setup this weekend, you'll be able to figure it out.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Not sure if my rings are similar to yours, here's what I did.
ImageImage
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Post by bschnabel »

Thanks for the pics, my Velcro is different than yours. The Velcro on mine starts right after the seal connection to the suit. Guess I'll need to see it in person sometime. We may just have to go out for a dive.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

If going for a dive is what it takes then I guess that's well have to do.