Salvo bulb enclosure

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
E_Mo
Aquaphile

Salvo bulb enclosure

Post by E_Mo »

After a dive today I noticed I had left my Salvo 35W HID on while I was on the shore. I immediately turned it off and noticed the bulb was very hot. In a brief moment of stupidity I thought "seems like a good idea to pour water on it to cool it off"... And now I have a can light with a shattered glass dome (the dome that encloses the light bulb). Anyone know where I could find a replacement glass dome? I know Salvo is out of business now...
image.jpeg
Thanks
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Unknown
GearHead
Submariner

Re: Salvo bulb enclosure

Post by GearHead »

The Light Monkey website has an online sales section where you can find spare parts for your light. The enclosures haven't changed between the older Salvo models and the new Light Monkey ones. I had to replace a tube due to turning my light on a minute or two before jumping into 48 degree water. The new one works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

And if the head is trashed (now or in the future) Light Monkey will fix it. Won't be under warranty but those guys built it and they will repair it. (Salvo employees founded light monkey)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
E_Mo
Aquaphile

Post by E_Mo »

Awesome, thanks for the point in the right direction. The part is on its way.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Unknown