Scuba pro Knighthawk

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
banjoguy
Getting To Know Folks

Scuba pro Knighthawk

Post by banjoguy »

A friend of mine bought a Scuba Pro Knighthawk BC several years ago and used it for one dive before life forced him to give up diving. He sold all his other gear but kept the BC because he couldn't part with it. Now that I'm getting into diving, he wants to sell it to me. Because I'm novice and don't know anything about BCD's, I have no idea what to look for in used gear. He's the same height and about the same size as me and he's kept it indoors hanging in a closet. Compared to what the Knighthawk goes for new on Leisure Pro, I'm going to be getting a raging deal. What's everyone's thoughts?

Sean Kelly
banjoguy
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Scuba pro Knighthawk

Post by banjoguy »

Never mind, ends up being 3 sizes smaller than he thought.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Scuba pro Knighthawk

Post by Penopolypants »

Wait to buy gear. Try as much as you can before you buy, a screaming deal will have you screaming in frustration if it doesn't work out.

Backplate and wing (BP/W for short) setups are a very popular BCD choce around here, and for a good reason - they are comfortable, streamlined, and affordable. And they may be required if you progress to tech diving. But do try one first.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!