HOG Regulator Service Class

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
doubtingGunnel
Avid Diver

HOG Regulator Service Class

Post by doubtingGunnel »

I would like to take the day long class. I have my IANTD MOD1. I know Josh at Tacoma Scuba has offered it in the past with at least 3 people interested. I'm going to reach out to Tacoma Scuba, but I'm wondering if anyone else has other options or ideas.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: HOG Regulator Service Class

Post by Jeff Pack »

I'd be interested in the class as well
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I'm interested in taking it.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Great class and if you own numerous Hog regulators a great savings.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
DecidedlyOdd
Aquaphile

Post by DecidedlyOdd »

I and a buddy are also interested.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I'm interested in this class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
doubtingGunnel
Avid Diver

Post by doubtingGunnel »

Thanks for all of the registered interest. I have reached out to Josh at Tacoma Scuba and I'm waiting to hear back.
doubtingGunnel
Avid Diver

Post by doubtingGunnel »

Well, I'm being ignored I think. I've called Tacoma Scuba twice now and received no call back or email, so I can only assume there is no interest giving the class UPDATE: I need to be more patient, see bottom of thread. . I'm going to reach out to Hog directly and see what they say.
Last edited by doubtingGunnel on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

doubtingGunnel wrote:Well, I'm being ignored I think. I've called Tacoma Scuba twice now and recieved no call back or email, so I can only assume there is no interest giving the class. I'm going to reach out to Hog directly and see what they say.
The classes are not part of any HOG curriculum, they are taught through TDI. You can find a list on their website: http://edge-gear.com/index.php/faq
Left hand side "How can I take the TDI Hog Repair Technician Specialty"
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
doubtingGunnel
Avid Diver

Post by doubtingGunnel »

CaptnJack wrote:
doubtingGunnel wrote:Well, I'm being ignored I think. I've called Tacoma Scuba twice now and recieved no call back or email, so I can only assume there is no interest giving the class. I'm going to reach out to Hog directly and see what they say.
The classes are not part of any HOG curriculum, they are taught through TDI. You can find a list on their website: http://edge-gear.com/index.php/faq
Understood, however, from the page you linked:
Edge-Hog Dive Gear has several dealers who regularly conduct the TDI Hog Repair Technician Course and representatives from Edge-Hog Dive Gear can also conduct the course in conjunction with dive events, trade shows, and or minimum participation and support.
We clearly have a more than enough interest in the class. My open question is, if Tacoma Scuba is not interested in giving the class, then what do we do next? The seem to be the only option in a very far radius. I might be able to get a couple of Instructors to join as well. But at this point, I'm wondering what our options are.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Group trip to N. Florida then? Get some cave diving in after the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

doubtingGunnel wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Understood, however, from the page you linked:
Edge-Hog Dive Gear has several dealers who regularly conduct the TDI Hog Repair Technician Course and representatives from Edge-Hog Dive Gear can also conduct the course in conjunction with dive events, trade shows, and or minimum participation and support.
We clearly have a more than enough interest in the class. My open question is, if Tacoma Scuba is not interested in giving the class, then what do we do next? The seem to be the only option in a very far radius. I might be able to get a couple of Instructors to join as well. But at this point, I'm wondering what our options are.
Go to DEMA next year or BTS in the spring and take it there. (or one of the other big shows)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
doubtingGunnel
Avid Diver

Post by doubtingGunnel »

I got a response from Tacoma Scuba! For those of you interested in the class, please PM me what tech certification you have, which HOG regs you have and how many and what future Saturdays on your calendar will work. The class is $250 and will likely take up most of Saturday.
doubtingGunnel
Avid Diver

Post by doubtingGunnel »

An update to this: I've sent Josh all of our emails, certs, number of regs. We'll be coordinating a date for this class soon. Thank you all that replied to this.