o-rings for Diving Concepts glove rings

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
MMB
Getting To Know Folks

o-rings for Diving Concepts glove rings

Post by MMB »

I am using the Diving Concepts dry glove system and need to replace the o-ring that sits inside the glove ring and seals the glove to the suit (I've been using these for more than 10 years and water is starting to creep in through the o-ring seals, even after disassembly, cleaning and use of silicon grease). While I realize these are no longer in production, I'm wondering if anyone knows the correct size for these particular o-rings and where one might buy them.

By process of elimination, I'm guessing they are outer diameter 4-1/16" and width 7/32" (101.6 mm x 5.6 mm or thereabouts). This would be, from what I can tell, a non-standard size and not readily available.

In any event, I'm not sure if that is correct and would like to be sure before placing an order.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: o-rings for Diving Concepts glove rings

Post by Gdog »

Discount divers in Seattle had a decent supply of those orings when I was in there a couple months ago. Might be worth a trip or at least a phone call...
http://www.discountdivers.com
UWDiver
Just Settling In

Post by UWDiver »

I have the Ultima Dry Glove System made (or marketed) by Waterproof. I read that these are very similar or the same as the Diving Concepts system. May want to contact them to see if they can sell replacement o-rings. The manual says to replace them every couple years so they should have some way of getting them to you.

http://www.waterproof.eu/products/acces ... es/ultima/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I just contacted a guy off scubaboard that I purchased replacement rings from about 6 years ago. If he responds, I will connect you to him.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome to the site!
Ask Bradmond...
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

I have about a dozen of these things. If you PM me an address I am happy to pop a few in the mail.
Dave
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

By the Way - Waterproof has released a NEW ring system called Ultima DGS that they apparently licensed from the patent holder of the Diving Concepts rings. They are basically identical with a slightly updated design an easy way to snap on to most suits. I just bought a set to replace the lackluster SiTech set that came with my WP drysuit.

http://www.waterproof-usa.com/products/ ... es/ultima/
Dave
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Good info dlh! Thanks for sharing.
MMB
Getting To Know Folks

Post by MMB »

Thanks to everyone! I really appreciate all the help.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Dave, that is great news. I was hoping someone would come along a different pick up where DC left off.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

If you decide to make your own o-rings, I bought the cord from The O-Ring Store in Idaho. The Buna N50 is softer than the rings that come with them and seem to be easier to get the gloves on and off. You can cut an old ring to get the correct length. Need to be careful that the ends are lined up well or they may leak.

I used .210" (3/16" Nominal) O-ring Cord Buna-N 50

http://www.theoringstore.com/
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Last time I purchased O-rings for my DC rings, I got them at Tacoma Screw, on Commerce Street in Tacoma.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
MMB
Getting To Know Folks

Post by MMB »

In the event there is anyone (besides me) who wants to breathe new life into their discontinued Diving Concepts dry glove system, I have arrived at the correct size for the replacement O-ring that sits inside the glove ring and seals the glove assembly to the drysuit cuff.

Metric Buna N70 O-ring: 5.7 mm cross-section, 92.2 mm inner diameter

These fit the DC rings I purchased about 12 years ago. They are stock size and can be purchased online two at a time or in larger quantities. http://www.theoringstore.com

As has been pointed out here, these O-rings can make it challenging to remove the gloves post-dive; however, I've found regular use of silicon grease solves the problem.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Thanks for the info MMB! I placed an order.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X