Hollis F1 Fins (or similar)- Borrow?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Hollis F1 Fins (or similar)- Borrow?

Post by bschnabel »

Looking to see if anyone has a pair of F1 fins I could try out for a dive or two (heard they take some getting used to). I have scubapro split fins and find myself struggling to keep up with other divers. Looking for a pair of fins that are a little more efficient. Been reading good things on the F1s, but open to other options as well. Looking to try before I buy. However, if you have or know of anyone selling a pair please send them my way.

My Rock boots are size 10 or 10.5.

If nothing else maybe we can just meet up for a dive!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hollis F1 Fins (or similar)- Borrow?

Post by Gdog »

I have a pair you could borrow. You will have to test fit them on your rock boots for fit. The Hollis fins foot pocket seems to have its own unique sizing. I think these are xl or XXL, but if you have rock boots they should fit OK.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Post by bschnabel »

Sent you a PM.
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

If you are looking to keep up with other divers I don't know if the F1's are going to help with that. In my opinion it is much more difficult to do a regular swimming kick in these fins than a good set of split fins. I'm not sure about the ScubaPro Twinjets, but my Apollo Biofins are much speedier than the Hollis F1s. Where the F1's excel is in Frog Kick so they are better than split fins for maneuverability. If you think you are going to be in high current or long swims stick with the split fins. I've done about 20 dives know with the F1's and like them better for dry suit diving where maneuverability is already tough. I don't think would use them in a wet suit or warm water where this is less of a problem and more swimming is common.
Dave