wetsuit adjustments

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

wetsuit adjustments

Post by JJHACK »

I have been diving now quite a few times in the sound with my 7mm jumpsuit and step in hooded vest. Warmth is no problem, it's been toasty for me for multiple dives per day.

Fit seems good, I can see seam imprrints in my arms when I take it off. They are not deep scar tissue imprints, just snug enough to see then lines. The one issue I would like to discuss is the neck seal. When it's all snugged up it puts more pressure on my throat than I am comfortable with. It's fine for the first 30-40 minutes or so. Then I begin to feel the pressure on my adams apple area.

I am considering trimming the seal fabric about 3/16-1/4" to releive some of this pressure. It freaks me out to consider actually using scizzors to cut on my beautiful warm wetsuit. Coming from a warm water..... shorty wet suit/3mm Jumpsuit environment I was wondering if this "trimming to fit" is something anyone else has done? The whole of the suit is a fantastic fit for me. It's simply the snugness of the neck seal that becomes uncomfortable after wearing this a while.

Cut it to fit, or just tough it out?
The best things in life are not things
mpenders
Submariner

Re: wetsuit adjustments

Post by mpenders »

You might try to stretch it out a bit before cutting it. A trick to stretch out neoprene dry suit neck seals is to insert a scuba tank and let it sit for awhile.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: wetsuit adjustments

Post by Gdog »

+1 to what Mike said...stretch it!