Dive light

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Snidely
Frequent Bubbler

Dive light

Post by Snidely »

Looking for a good dive light for under $200 that is a or can be a hand mount?

Any recomendations?

Thanks
2 in / 2 out, everyone goes home
GearHead
Submariner

Re: Dive light

Post by GearHead »

The DGX 600 is one of the best compact LED dive lights out there. The beam has the best focus I've seen from an LED light, and does a good job cutting through murky water.. It will run for an hour or more with a good 18650 li-ion battery. At $55 a piece, you can buy two and stash the second one on your harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

GearHead wrote:The DGX 600 is one of the best compact LED dive lights out there. The beam has the best focus I've seen from an LED light, and does a good job cutting through murky water.. It will run for an hour or more with a good 18650 li-ion battery. At $55 a piece, you can buy two and stash the second one on your harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make sure you get the updated version with the push button instead of the twist-on. Much easier to use, especially when hand mounted.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-pus ... -spot-beam

I've got one of those, one of the normal twist ones, and one of the longer DGX800 between the wife and I. Great lights.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I disagree about the pushbutton. I just sent one back because the button failed after only two dives. I was told they've had some come back already. This is a new design, and I think it's got some bugs. I replaced it with the more standard twist-on version, as it's a proven, reliable design.

That said, it's a great light.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I've also got one, use it as my backup to my can light. I also have the twist on style, which I prefer. I have loaned this light out several times when other divers have light trouble, and it does the job. Great little light!