Drysuit boot replacement

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Drysuit boot replacement

Post by Nwbrewer »

Any suggestions for replacement drsuit boots? I have a new to me trilam suit that fits me great other than the neoprene socks are 2 sizes too small.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Drysuit boot replacement

Post by ScubaJess »

Happy Thursday!

I've used this place before for neck seals/wrist seals & new zips, they are super fast and do a great job. I see on their website they also do boot service? Not sure if that would work for you?

http://www.expressdrysuitrepair.com/rep ... vices.html
Attachments
boots.PNG
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Thanks Jess. I'm going to try just buying the boots and putting them on myself first. I'll save that place for if I fail epically. Although 200 for parts and labor is pretty cheap since most of the boots I have found so far are around 120-150.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I have those boots on my drysuit. They are really really good boots. They have held up extremely well. I wonder if you can find just the boots and do them yourself.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

60south wrote:Are they these boots?

https://www.diverightinscuba.com/drysui ... -3850.html
that does look just like them!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Out of stock until 1/31.... Guess I will wait.

Thinking about getting some clearance Muck boots and glueing those on...

mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

Awhile back I contacted Brooks Dive Gear out of BC. On their drysuit options page, they show their "Arctic Boots": http://brooksdivegear.com/drysuits5.html.

These boots are dead ringers (as far as I can tell from the picture) to the boots that came on my Seasoft drysuit - probably one of the best features on that suit.
Brooks Arctic Drysuit Boots.jpg
Brooks Arctic Drysuit Boots.jpg (16.38 KiB) Viewed 4571 times
They were willing to sell them alone as an accessory. I seem to recall the price at that time was either $100 or $150. Keep in mind this in Canadian dollars, so would be a bit less expensive with the current exchange rate.
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Why buy expensive rock boots just buy yourselves a pair of high top sneakers
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Diver_Dave wrote:Why buy expensive rock boots just buy yourselves a pair of high top sneakers
I currently dive my Converse tennies and love them.

However, for some reason they only come in narrow sizes. I make it work, but they are wearing quickly, aren't the most comfortable, and it's time to look for a new pair.

If anyone has any resources for high top canvas tennis shoes that also come in wide sizes I would be most grateful!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I've replaced my drysuit boots myself on my Dive Concept drysuit. It was very easy to do. Still no leaks over 100 dives. I got the boots that USIA use on their drysuit with the Velcro straps. Very happy with it.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?