Sopras drysuits?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
KiltedOne
Just Settling In

Sopras drysuits?

Post by KiltedOne »

Noticed these surprisingly economically priced drysuits on Amazon but finding very little info about them.
Mostly sales pages on Amazon and a few vids on YouTube.

Anyone tried these or know much about them?
Last edited by KiltedOne on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Sopras drysuits?

Post by Penopolypants »

Your link is being a bit of a butt....you mean these?

I've never heard of them. Looks to be a company in the Czech Republic. Interesting!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
KiltedOne
Just Settling In

Post by KiltedOne »

Yes, that's the brand. Seems they've been around a while, just not a lot of feedback I guess.

Sorry, my first attempt posting a link. Thx for the heads up.
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

If you can wait for it to be made, there's always Seaskin drysuits. For a basic no-frills suit it's about $730 delivered, custom fit to you. I have one. With all the options I selected it was about $930 delivered (about half was a dry glove system). We have another one on order for my wife right now. Takes like 1.5-2 months to get it though. Hers is due end of Feb.

http://www.seaskin.co.uk/acatalog/Membr ... suits.html

I'm sure it's not as nice as a DUI or Santi, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper, and works well so far for me.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

Sopras is a VERY good product line. I had worked for them for a few years when they first came to the US. Since I was the sales manager of a drysuit line, I couldn't really push the drysuits. But, I know drysuits and the Sopras were very impressive! Well made, nicely styled, pretty good American style fit and a great price. The only real drawback is that, while Sopras has very cheap replacement seals, they have crap glue. So, if you need to replace seals, it would be best to buy OS Systems seals and glue and do it yourself or take it to a shop that uses OS glue.