OMS/DUI San Diego Drysuit?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
jondiver
Just Settling In

OMS/DUI San Diego Drysuit?

Post by jondiver »

I'm in the market for my first drysuit, and had it narrowed down to either a Bare Trilam Tech Dry, USIA Techniflex, or Ursuit Heavy Light based on online and in-person reviews and my budget of ~2k.

I hit up one of the reps at DRIS with my general requirements in a dull moment at work, and he pointed me towards the OMS San Diego. They're on sale right now at LP for $1359, which seems like a hell of a deal for a new trilam suit with suspenders, nice looking pockets, and zip seals. Even comes with a DUI 7mm hood.

Anyone have any experience with these? I know they're made by DUI, and they look an awful lot like the Yukon, but I haven't laid hands on one of those either.
Steiger
Avid Diver

Re: OMS/DUI San Diego Drysuit?

Post by Steiger »

I've seen a couple in person, I think they are very well priced and they aren't bad suits! I sort of regret not getting one when I got my suit. Maybe when this one wears out I'll grab one of these.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

The Bare drysuit is on sale at underwater sports for $1200.. I have been diving my bare suit now for 3 years and the tech dry fabric is impressive for wear and tear from diving... Ive never seen a puncture or hole in the fabric .. My only gripe is you need good undergarments to keep you warm
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

H20doctor wrote:...My only gripe is you need good undergarments to keep you warm
This is because the doc dives naked.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

mz53480 wrote:
H20doctor wrote:...My only gripe is you need good undergarments to keep you warm
This is because the doc dives naked.
Yes... All the time
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
jondiver
Just Settling In

Post by jondiver »

Thanks for the tip about the Bare suit. For $1200 I could add pockets and get an undergarment well under my budget.

I'll see if I can finagle a similar deal from my LDS (I'm in Portland), otherwise I'll have to use this as an excuse to make a trip to Seattle.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Let me know if you need a Weezle Extreme Plus to keep you warm! :)
Only $350 for NWDC members!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

The Bare and Weezle is a great combo. Dove that combo for a few hundred dives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk