“Marigold” dry gloves with DUI wrist Zip Seals

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

“Marigold” dry gloves with DUI wrist Zip Seals

Post by orcasc205 »

My wife and I are researching the purchase of our first drysuits and are considering the DUI Yukon II. We have been renting Santi drysuits and have had good success using marigold rubber gloves with liners as dry gloves pulled over the rings that are on the Santis’ wrists. I understand that the Yukon comes with DUI’s Zip Seals to make the replacement of seal easier. Does anyone know if the Zip Seal has a ring that can be used in a similar way, or would rings need to be installed.

I like the pullover glove approach for two reasons:

1) The normal wrist seals are still intact, so a glove puncture or tear does not flood the suit.

2) It’s really easy to carry a spare set of inexpensive gloves in the case of failure.

Thanks for your help.

-Doug

P.S. Any other feedback on the Yukon II is appreciated
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: “Marigold” dry gloves with DUI wrist Zip Seals

Post by CaptnJack »

the marigold pullover rings and the zip seals are completely incompatible with one another

you can put conventional rings like the kubi or the sitec on the latex zip seals and thus have an intact wrist seal underneath. But these are not pullover rings. its easy to replace the gloves on rings like these - and the orange or blue gloves are way more robust than dish gloves
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I agree with Captn. I have the DUI TLS350 with the silicone zip seals and Sitech pressure ring system. Works like a dream and the rings are pretty easy to setup and install. I use the Blue gloves mentioned and they're quite robust and I carried an extra pair should there be a need to swap them on the fly at the dive site. Happy to snap some photos and send them across so you can get a better idea.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
vaidhy
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vaidhy »

Newbie here..

Does the Marigold system refers to this - https://www.diverightinscuba.com/bootsh ... -2704.html?

I just got a Yukon II and was planning on getting these too?

@Captn - Are these incompatible with zip seals?
@finnegan - Which one is SiTech pressure ring system? Is it the same as what I posted above?

Thanks,
Vaidhy
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

The SiTech system is this one:

https://www.diverightinscuba.com/quick- ... 15437.html

Works great and easy to swap out on the fly.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

vaidhy wrote:Newbie here..

Does the Marigold system refers to this - https://www.diverightinscuba.com/bootsh ... -2704.html?

I just got a Yukon II and was planning on getting these too?

@Captn - Are these incompatible with zip seals?
@finnegan - Which one is SiTech pressure ring system? Is it the same as what I posted above?

Thanks,
Vaidhy
Those glue into the suit fabric
And are incompatible with zip seals which would have to be cut off.

Finnegan posted the sitech cuff that can be installed onto the latex zip seals.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I have zip seals on my DUI TLS350SE and have had the SiTech system I linked installed since I bought it. No glue just a set of plastic rings and a bit of firm pressure to get them setup and then you're off to dive. If a seal ever fails you can pop these off, install the new seal and then reinstall in about 10-15 minutes

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

finnegankp wrote:I have zip seals on my DUI TLS350SE and have had the SiTech system I linked installed since I bought it. No glue just a set of plastic rings and a bit of firm pressure to get them setup and then you're off to dive. If a seal ever fails you can pop these off, install the new seal and then reinstall in about 10-15 minutes

Wut he said ^^^

I do the same. Ripped gloves or seals can be field changed in 15mins. Maybe 20 if they are really stubborn and my hands are cold