Anyone got a old DIN they would trade for a old yoke 1st stage?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Anyone got a old DIN they would trade for a old yoke 1st stage?

Post by scubnewb »

Building a single tank hookah rig for cleaning hulls and maintenance related hull work and I long ago made the switch to DIN from yoke and now all my tanks are DIN and while I thought I had a extra DIN 1st stage in the dive locker to build this rig it turns out it is a yoke and that wont work, I suppose i could buy a conversion adapter but thought I would see if any one was sitting on a extra DIN and needed a yoke and would like to swap first.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
dlh
Submariner

Re: Anyone got a old DIN they would trade for a old yoke 1st stage?

Post by dlh »

Just buy a $4 din plug to connect a yolk reg.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-ins ... 12-o-rings
Dave
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

scubnewb wrote:Building a single tank hookah rig for cleaning hulls and maintenance related hull work and I long ago made the switch to DIN from yoke and now all my tanks are DIN and while I thought I had a extra DIN 1st stage in the dive locker to build this rig it turns out it is a yoke and that wont work, I suppose i could buy a conversion adapter but thought I would see if any one was sitting on a extra DIN and needed a yoke and would like to swap first.
Wow - that's one hell of a run-on sentence :notworthy:

If you have a DIN tank and a yoke 1st stage then the DIN plug that Dave suggested will work. I have a bunch of them and if you're near Issaquah let me know and I'll give you one.

If it's a 300 bar DIN tank (deep female thread) then you'll need a DIN first stage. Converting a yoke reg to DIN is a kit that is specific to the regulator that you own.

If you have a DIN first stage and a yoke valve you can get a din to yoke converter- It will probably cost you ~$25. If the first stage you have is a scubapro MK25/MK20 I have old yoke parts you can have if you want to convert it back from DIN
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

If you think that is a run on sentence you should have a conversation with me sometime haha! But yeah I was eventually gonna look into adapters if nobody was interested in swapping, just figured I would see if myself and another could make a quick swap and walk away smiling in the end first. Plus having a full DIN 1st stage would be easier and quicker to pop on and off the tank compared to having to dig out a allan wrench and trying to pop it in and out when ever I need to use it you know... Also I think its a deep thread but I have to double check. Im in Magnolia so i am a ways from the Quah otherwise I would gladly take you up and picking up the parts you offered, looks like I will be ordeing something tho instead as its a bit of a drive from here, thank you tho for being so gracious.

BillZ wrote:
scubnewb wrote:Building a single tank hookah rig for cleaning hulls and maintenance related hull work and I long ago made the switch to DIN from yoke and now all my tanks are DIN and while I thought I had a extra DIN 1st stage in the dive locker to build this rig it turns out it is a yoke and that wont work, I suppose i could buy a conversion adapter but thought I would see if any one was sitting on a extra DIN and needed a yoke and would like to swap first.
Wow - that's one hell of a run-on sentence :notworthy:

If you have a DIN tank and a yoke 1st stage then the DIN plug that Dave suggested will work. I have a bunch of them and if you're near Issaquah let me know and I'll give you one.

If it's a 300 bar DIN tank (deep female thread) then you'll need a DIN first stage. Converting a yoke reg to DIN is a kit that is specific to the regulator that you own.

If you have a DIN first stage and a yoke valve you can get a din to yoke converter- It will probably cost you ~$25. If the first stage you have is a scubapro MK25/MK20 I have old yoke parts you can have if you want to convert it back from DIN
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

If you have to find an allen wrench to convert the TANK, that's a covertible valve, 3442 and shallower threads than 3500psi/HP.

What reg is up for offer? You've never specified.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

fmerkel wrote:If you have to find an allen wrench to convert the TANK, that's a covertible valve, 3442 and shallower threads than 3500psi/HP.

What reg is up for offer? You've never specified.

Good point, you may be able to just get the DIN fitting and convert the reg too.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman