How long did your Apollo drysuit last?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Rganster
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

How long did your Apollo drysuit last?

Post by Rganster »

Hi dive buddies! I know that a drysuit's lifespan is dependent on many factors (storage, frequency of use, how many chomps one has gotten from a stellar sea lion, etc.). How long (years/number of dives) has your Apollo drysuit lasted you? What was the final failure point that pushed you into a new suit?

Thank you!
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: How long did your Apollo drysuit last?

Post by Scubak »

Mine lasted a good while. A few hundred dives on it. I hated the boots and the ankle vents. I finally stepped up to a DUI and never looked back.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Rganster
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Rganster »

Scubak wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:21 am Mine lasted a good while. A few hundred dives on it. I hated the boots and the ankle vents. I finally stepped up to a DUI and never looked back.
Kirsten
Thanks Kristen! Did the boots, zippers, or vents break down at all, or were you just ready for something new?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

The crotch on my finally leaked after about 350(?) dives. The neoprene just craps out eventually and was full of pinholes.

Hated the ankle vents but you can unscrew the caps, stretch out the springs and disable the venting.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Rganster
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Rganster »

Great tip! I've just allowed the salt water to build up on mine so they don't open anymore, haha.