What Shearwater to buy?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

What Shearwater to buy?

Post by Sharkb8 »

My wife needs a computer for when we are able to travel again. I’m pretty sure my current Oceanic Geo is perfect for her :angelblue: That however leaves me needing my own computer. I was going to get a Perdix like so many other people but the Teric also looks kinda cool. Has anyone used both and has a preference? It will be used for 90% dry suit diving here at home, with the occasional warm water trip thrown in. I’m not doing any tec diving currently but at some point in future I may end up dipping my toes in the shallow end of that pool.....
Party underwater
eh.haole
Avid Diver

Re: What Shearwater to buy?

Post by eh.haole »

The Teric looks like a great new design/features built around the proven base system. Please let us know how cool it is once you get so that we can have envy!
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

There is also the new Peregrine that was just released last Thursday. Thinner profile than the Perdix with the same rectangular color display, but no AI, compass or trimix capability, but it is priced to reflect that.
eh.haole
Avid Diver

Post by eh.haole »

From the pictures I can't tell how to rig up a Teric with bungee shock cord, which is a common convenience mod for drysuit diving.
The Perdix has bigger dimensions, so perhaps easier to read quickly or in non-ideal situations.
The user-replaceable AA battery seems nice on the Perdix, if you are the spare battery carrying type. Unless one manages to compromise the seals (rare). I'm using a rechargeable NiMH AA in my Petrel currently without issue.

Teric has audible alarm capability? For those who are into that... and/or annoying their buddies