Drygoves source

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Drygoves source

Post by Nwbrewer »

Any body have a line on the black latex pullover style drygloves? I think the last set I got was off of someone on the board who bought a case years ago. Mine have finally rotted out, and I need some new ones.

The ones I'm looking for are similar to this - https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail ... 29928.html but I don't need 6000of them!

DGX has them, but since they are for SCUBA, they want $40 a pair which seems excessive.

Anybody have another source?

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Re: Drygoves source

Post by FlyinV »

I've ordered both of these before

Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

You can get them at Seattle Marine and Fishing Supply for under $5.

https://www.seamar.com/item/MGI173-SZ/G ... RIGOLD-BK/

Eight Diving in Des Moines also sells them for less than $10 if that is easier to get to. The ones I'm wearing in my profile photo (inside out so my hands are easier to see in low viz) were from there.
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Orcasc205! That is a great deal!

Thanks for posting that up!
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Getting down to 8 is probably more realistic for me, I'll have to get down there finally and check them out!

Thanks!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
gmdollar
Just Settling In

Post by gmdollar »

For future reference I get a glove that looks a lot like that at Seattle Marine and Fishing Supply (https://www.seamar.com/products) near fisherman’s terminal in Magnolia. They have a big selection but I usually buy Merigold brand. The cost was about $22 a dozen last time I purchased some. I like these because, if you wear them inside out they are white which makes it much easier for your buddy to see your hand signals. They also carry orange gloves that work. These a a lot of fun down in California because the Garibaldi think they are an interloper and attack. I have some real closeups thanks to these gloves.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I picked up some of the black and white ones from 8 diving just because it's closer than Seattle Marine. I'm going to try them out, but they don't seem as thick as the orange ones I had.

Thanks for the tip on Garibaldi. If I ever travel again (thanks COVID) I'll make sure and take some orange gloves with me!