Thinking of a Blacktip DPV

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
60south
Pelagic

Thinking of a Blacktip DPV

Post by 60south »

These scooters are almost in the affordable range, and I'm starting to consider one. I saw the thread where Norris talks about having one. This would be purely for fun for me, no tech.

My only question, really, is how important is it to have level trim? The smallest one can be neutrally buoyant but sits nose-up when not underway. Does this present any issues? I have very little scootering experience so any thoughts appreciated.

They're out of stock, so it will be a while even if decide to pull the trigger, so to speak.

glenn
insomniac
Just Settling In

Re: Thinking of a Blacktip DPV

Post by insomniac »

I think trim is more impt. for cave. I have one, they are a load of fun and would recommend the travel. They are made right here in WA, so if you have service issues it's a lot cheaper (and faster) to pickup/dropoff vs shipping.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Yeah the trim deal is really a non-issue for out of caves. I have had the scooter for a while now, and when I clip off the nose to do things the scooter sits out of the way just fine. I bought the 12ah batteries and have not ever even come close to depleting them. For the price you really cant go wrong with the travel, and its so light and easy to deal with.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Norris wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:32 am Yeah the trim deal is really a non-issue for out of caves. I have had the scooter for a while now, and when I clip off the nose to do things the scooter sits out of the way just fine. I bought the 12ah batteries and have not ever even come close to depleting them. For the price you really cant go wrong with the travel, and its so light and easy to deal with.
insomniac wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:23 pm I think trim is more impt. for cave. I have one, they are a load of fun and would recommend the travel. They are made right here in WA, so if you have service issues it's a lot cheaper (and faster) to pickup/dropoff vs shipping.
Thanks for the replies! Muy bueno.