Night dive light

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
darenpunsalan
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Night dive light

Post by darenpunsalan »

The daughter and I are going to be taking advance open water class next month. The two dive lights we have are the Sealife Sea Dragon 900s (900 lumen 10.5degree beam) and the DGX 800 ( 800lumen 8degree beam). Does anybody know if these would be sufficient enough for the night dive part of the class? I know there are better lights but don’t planning on many night dives for now because I work night shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Night dive light

Post by Nwbrewer »

Either of those should be plenty bright enough. For Puget Sound I like a tight beam for signaling with a lot of spill out from the hotspot, both of those have a reflector, so they should be decent. I think I'd go with the DGX one if it was me, tighter beam, more battery options (18650's are in basically everything) Just use good judgement when charging the Li-ion cells. I also prefer twist on/off to buttons, but that's personal preference.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
darenpunsalan
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Night dive light

Post by darenpunsalan »

Thanks Jake that’s good to know. We will use what we have for now then for the class. If I’m ever able to get off night shift and we can start doing night dives I’ll look into brighter lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk