Weight a minute!!!

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Weight a minute!!!

Post by Dave »

Hey Guys,,,and gals what do you think. I have been diving with 34lbs with my single aluminum 80 and a constantly full Catalina aluminum 30 . What are your thoughts on my weight now that I am going double steel Faber 98's with no pony???? Thanks
:book:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Oh yeah,,,I am 218 pounds if that helps, but again I have been using 34 lbs and been really dialed in on my buoyancy ,,,,
=D>
da_jab
Aquaphile

Post by da_jab »

With my double 12liter 200bar tanks (around 80cf/3300psi) which are 25kg heavy when empty (55lbs).
I use a 4kg (8.8lbs) v-weight and a 5kg (11lbs.) backplate, so about 20lbs of weight is more than enough to get me down and under when using my drysuit, which is made of compressed neoprene and a full set of undergarment suitable for below freezing (home) conditions. :)

.Janne

ps. sell the pony, it's useless
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

mm, sounds about right to me, I am dumping my rear weight pouches that had a total of ten pounds in them so I will be diving with 25 lbs to start with and I'll see how that goes....
:bounce: