Underwater Video

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Underwater Video

Post by Tangfish »

Just picked up a shiny new toy. Can't wait to get it wet this weekend!

http://www.calvintang.com/blog/2007/10/ ... ny-hdr-hc7
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Wow, sweet. :occasion5:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Calvin, How do you do it?!?!?! That looks like a fun toy. Since I haven't learned how to take decent still pictures, I was thinking of going this route. I don't even want to know how much that would cost me. I'm sure an underwater photography class will be far cheaper. I cant wait to see the new CT productions!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm sure my first attempts will yield really poor results, but eventually when I'm able to use skills developed in these waters in clear tropical waters, I'll have some good films to share.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Oh yeah sure......As if anyone needs an excuse for tropical dive travel. :evil4:
drock
Just Settling In

Post by drock »

It's a nice rig, Calvin. I've been using a Light and Motion setup for the HC3 Hi Def camera for a little over a year now. It was amazing seeing the quality of the video on a hi-def TV. It's ALMOST better than being there in person!

The biggest problem is that it just gets more expensive from here on out. I had to buy a Hi-Def TV, I still need a good DVD authoring program that does quality Hi-/Def, and then once the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD battle is settled (if it ever is), a new burner and DVD player to really do things right. Of course, if you ask me, it's worth it!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Thanks for the tips drock. Do you have any video online you can share with me/us?
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Calvin,
You wouldn't be looking to get rid of your Casio point and shoot rig anytime soon now? With all the HD video to be shot, wouldn't want to deprive it of good use... (looking for an emoticon depicting slight bits of sarcasm) had to ask though.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Calvin
That sure looks like a neat toy cant waite to see the first of your videos

I can hear you now getting ready for a dive
Calvin " Cue the six gill suprised diver stand-by ok every body lights camara Bubbles and action !"

I supose this means we have to start calling you Calvin Spielberg now?

you know when my father was alive we called him Dicky Spielberg
he would hardly leave the house with out his camcorder . drove us nuts

hope you enjoy it as much as we will be enjoying your videos Bro

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
drock
Just Settling In

Post by drock »

My website is here. Most of the videos are from before I got the Hi-Def. I also have a comparison page to show the difference between Digital 8 and Hi-Def.

Calvin wrote:Thanks for the tips drock. Do you have any video online you can share with me/us?