I need new wrist seals, don't I?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

I need new wrist seals, don't I?

Post by scottsax »

I have a Harvey's Titanium drysuit with neoprene seals I bought used off CL a couple months ago. First dive I got a little water in one sleeve, and I thought it was because I didn't make sure to tuck the thumb loop of the undergarment back far enough. Next dive, both my sleeves were wet. The last dive, I could feel water going in both wrists when I rotated my hands. My wrists are just enough smaller than the guy's that owned the suit before me to not get a good, watertight seal. :crybaby:

So...do I go to Harvey's, or to UWS where he bought the suit? Or in the meantime, if I'm desperate to dive, can I put rubber bands around my wrists to force a better seal? \:D/

Thank you and good day! :salute:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

The quickiest way is to have UWS replace the seals. In the meantime just push the seals further up your arm.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

gcbryan wrote:In the meantime just push the seals further up your arm.
See, that's something that never would've occurred to me. Thanks! :occasion5:
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

There's a lot to be said about Duct Tape. :supz: But remember if you are on the "Dark Side" use the black tape.
Charles
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Since they are neoprene, you should be able to cut out a wedge and aquaseal the edges back together to make the seal smaller.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

If you are one of those guys with muscular arms that results in channels on this inside of your wrist (sounds weird, but if you have them you'll know what I mean), neoprene wrist seals may always leak on you regardless of their size.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Caulking :bootyshake:
Jeff Castor
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

enchantmentdivi wrote:If you are one of those guys with muscular arms that results in channels on this inside of your wrist (sounds weird, but if you have them you'll know what I mean), neoprene wrist seals may always leak on you regardless of their size.
When I had my Harveys with both the rolled and coated neo wrist seal they would leak under the wrist becauce of the tendons. Learned to live with it and soggy arms.
Charles
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

enchantmentdivi wrote:If you are one of those guys with muscular arms that results in channels on this inside of your wrist (sounds weird, but if you have them you'll know what I mean), neoprene wrist seals may always leak on you regardless of their size.
Um....yeah....No one's EVER accused me of having muscular arms. The aqua seal's a good idea, though. Now I need to dive and try a couple things out.