unrealfind.com fandangle???

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
da_jab
Aquaphile

unrealfind.com fandangle???

Post by da_jab »

Hi,

just to let you guys know that online store unrealfind.com sucks.
Why?
-Ordering/financial systems can't cope with non us characters
-Customer support does not respond within three days and three emails
-The customer support asks credit card details to be sent by email
-Communication is not supportive
-The customer support can't spell names right

nuff said

.J :angryfire:
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

WOW, I have shopped with them for a couple of years now and have had nothing but excellent service and rapid response to any questions I've had????

What was your issue with them?

Can't really comment on the non U.S. funds issue, but most U.S. web retailers don't recognize non U.S. characters when ordering,,,in fact I have not seen any so far that do....

:salute:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

What were you trying to buy when you got screwed? :la:
da_jab
Aquaphile

Post by da_jab »

I tried to buy the damn gear bag, to fly my dear scubagear around this freakin planet.

.J

btw. how ya like my new avatar? cool eh :rr:
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Oh, I see. So you never got your gear bag? Some things are better bought in person, you should check out REI.

To their credit, I run an internet business so I know where they're coming from to some degree, dealing with international issues. We have writers from all over the world wanting to write in their native languages. I don't want to turn them away, but our system is just not capable of policing stuff that happens in foreign languages.

As for unrealfind.com, you have to realize that in order to deal with your Finnish financial and/or linguistic issues, they would have to support the over 200 countries in the world. Finland is not a populous country (as I learned from you), so maybe they're not that far down the list yet. I can't even use my ATM card at most Canadian cash machines....now that is something that should be taken care of!

I just have sympathy for web companies and their customer service, since I am on the receiving end of it a lot of the time. You can't please everyone. :dontknow:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I have never heard of thihs site ( unrealfind ) untill now I may have to check them out .

I am sorry you got a bum deal

you know if you came down to visit here there is a store that sells duffls
big enough for me to put my 6'2" son in for $20.00

hey there is a idea I could pack the boy up and send him to some FAR FAR away land.
\:D/

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
da_jab
Aquaphile

Post by da_jab »

Calvin wrote:Oh, I see. So you never got your gear bag? Some things are better bought in person, you should check out REI.
REI does not sell the type of stuff I'm looking for, that's why I went online.
Calvin wrote: To their credit, I run an internet business so I know where they're coming
--8<-- cut --8<--
Calvin wrote: I just have sympathy for web companies and their customer service, since I am on the receiving end of it a lot of the time.
Being incompetent to deal with the rest of the world technology vise is not an excuse for me, so I have no symphaty on this issue.

What comes to language barriers and adjusting to the world around me I know a great deal and I'm not complaining about it, it's just the way it is.

Ok, they can't charge me because of their stone age computer systems, fine. They do advertise on their website that: "Unrealfind.com can ship to virtually anywhere in the world." Just wondering how they can ship their goods if they even't can't take the money in the first place.

But enough of this rant, their systems just don't work.

.J

ps. And stop editing my topics... :axe:
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
da_jab
Aquaphile

Post by da_jab »

sparky wrote:I have never heard of thihs site ( unrealfind ) untill now I may have to check them out .

I am sorry you got a bum deal
Hope you have a better experience with them.
sparky wrote: hey there is a idea I could pack the boy up and send him to some FAR FAR away land.
Ehem, now are you absolutely sure about that? He might turn into a hi-tech crazy, commando style tech-diving maniac that eats lightning and farts thunder. :evil4:

.J
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

he would love that
Son is in the National Gard he is now working on becomeing a demolition expert,

and he wants to learn to dive

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

J. that avatar is sweet!!! made me laugh out loud....
Who run barter town?