Bare Drysuit...AWOL!

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Bare Drysuit...AWOL!

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Friday afternoon, one of our instructors was soaking his drysuit in front of the dive store. Someone grabbed it, and ran. :angryfire: It is a Bare CD4 Pro drysuit, with built in boots and dryglove rings on it. It is a ML tall (wierd size). It is blue/black and was purchased from Ft Lewis Scuba.

It is owned by Dan Estrada, one of our dive instructors. This guy is a Gulf Vet and has just started teaching. He spent a lot getting certified as an instructor, and now, he is going to have to get a new drysuit. He is such a nice guy, and it is heartbreaking that someone would steal his drysuit. There were a lot of non-divers in our parking lot that afternoon, and we are sure one of them took the suit.

I have contacted all the local dive stores, and have been checking Craig's List and Ebay for it. If anyone hears or sees this suit, please give me or Puyallup PD a call.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Re: Bare Drysuit...AWOL!

Post by Zen Diver »

Thieving bastards....I'll keep eyes and ears open.

-Valerie
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Probably someone that doesn't even dive! Just lookin to make some drug money. !@#$%^&
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Do you have any kind of insurance to cover something like that?
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

rat bastards! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: So, do I hear a fund raising dive coming then???? A dive and BBQ????
Fortes fortuna iuvat
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I've got a Bare XCD2 Pro Drysuit with about 200 dives on it. If it fits him he can use it. It's got brand new wrist and neck Seals put on and hasn't been used since. I used it for about a year, then Fishtiq used it for awhile. It's either a M or a ML with XXL boots (Size 10.5 or 11 I think).

Stupid Thieves :violent1:
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Hopefully they will be as stupid as this moron:

DELTA JUNCTION -- An eBay sting operation has resulted in the arrest of a 16-year-old who is accused of breaking into the local high school and stealing more than $100,000 in computers and equipment in June, according to Alaska State Troopers. The teen, who was not named, is suspected of stealing 52 laptops, desktop computers, cameras and a surveillance system from the school, troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters said. The burglar caused $6,000 in damage to the building as well, she said.
Troopers surfing the Web came across the items on the auction Web site and suspected them of being from the school. Investigators subsequently contacted the seller and bought 13 Apple iBooks, an Apple MacBook Pro and a projector.

The arriving packages led troopers back to the suspect in Delta Junction. Investigators serving search warrants questioned the teen, who then led them to the remaining cache of computers, troopers said.

The juvenile is in custody and charges are pending, troopers said.

Dave
Dave Mitchell