Tank Manufacturer PST Going Broke, Seeking Buyer

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Tank Manufacturer PST Going Broke, Seeking Buyer

Post by Tangfish »

Wow, these guys make some of the best tanks around (I just bought a pair), and the company is in trouble and seeking a buyer. Anyone got some spare cash around?

Read The Article

:-({|=
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

That bites.
i just bought my two 110s about a year a go and havew been thinking about buying two more.

I wonder how this will effect us getting our PST tanks filled and serviced in the future you know there is a DOT regulation about filling tanks from companies that have gone out of business.
That would just simply suck the big one for sure. :angry5:

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

I would have to do my homework on that one Sparky, what do you know about the D.O.T. regs in this area??? PST ROCKS!!!! :rr:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

As long as the tank passes hydro and a vis it can be filled. Unless DOT or CGA comes out with a bulletin that states it can no long be filled...
Wally
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I will have to check that one a little more Wally not to doubt you as you would know but on a nother Board there is a simulair thread and the Shop owner was saying we may not be able to get our PST tanks filled if they go under.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

Just because a company goes under does not mean the tanks go bad. DOT and CGA regulate if a tank can be filled or not. Only if DOT or CGA puts out a bulliten not to fill the tanks. I have a list of tanks that can not be filled. Most of them are because of the alloy's they were made out of. The list just gives tank numbers, it says nothen about who made them.

Wally
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the clarification Wally. I am sure you just put of few minds at ease, PST tank are fantastic tanks. I own Faber's but have been looking to buy a couple PST HP80's or maybe some Lp 100's
:partyman:

wallyc72 wrote:Just because a company goes under does not mean the tanks go bad. DOT and CGA regulate if a tank can be filled or not. Only if DOT or CGA puts out a bulliten not to fill the tanks. I have a list of tanks that can not be filled. Most of them are because of the alloy's they were made out of. The list just gives tank numbers, it says nothen about who made them.

Wally
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...