What do you think of the Suunto Vyper 2 computer?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

What do you think of the Suunto Vyper 2 computer?

Post by mz53480 »

If anyone uses (or know someone who does) the Suunto Vyper 2 Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer, I'd be interested to know your/their thoughts.

Thanks!
MZ
SQTV2W.jpg
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: What do you think of the Suunto Vyper 2 computer?

Post by Sounder »

I know many people who use it in gauge-mode. Suunto computers are known to be VERY conservative... some like that, some not-so-much. :dontknow: Other than the conservative nature of it in computer-mode, I've never heard a bad thing about it.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
OreCoastDiver
Avid Diver

Post by OreCoastDiver »

I've had a Suunto Vytec for about three years and love it. My wife is considering buying a Vyper on my recommendation. They are great computers and the fact that they are a little conservative doesn't bother me a bit.

One thing you might consider is buying a Vyper instead of a Vyper 2. With the difference you could buy a Suunto SK7 Compass and still have enough money left over for a couple of air fills. I just can't wrap my head around electronic compasses and the SK7 is the best compass on the market by far.
Brandon
Compression is good for the soul.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I have a Suunto Cobra (Air intigrated) I like it and I don't mind it being conservative(safer for me). But I would think a wrist mount would be better. For now, I wil stick with what I have. 3 years and no problems yet.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

I'm a big Suunto fan. Love that's it's conservative. I started out with the Cobra, then got a Mosquito as a back up which I still use as a back up, and use a Vyper 2 as my main computer. I love it. No problems, big screen, nicely conservative. I didn't really have a choice when I bought it between Vyper & Vyper 2-I got what they had. I'm not crazy about the digital compass. It's OK but it's hard to get a number reading & I'm a number person-the directions themselves are clear but if you want an exact heading you have to have it absolutely flat and if you move even a bit, you lose the number display. But I haven't gotten lost yet so I guess it's been good enough so far.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option