Netarts Bay

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Netarts Bay

Post by ORDiver »

Is Netarts as tidal dependent as Tillamook Bay? I am guessing it is but I have never dove there before. Also, is it a good place for crabbing? Diving would be from shore.
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Netarts Bay

Post by nwbobber »

I have not dove there, but I know it is a good place for crabbing, and because it is a bay when the tide goes in and out at the entrance there can be quite a bit of current. When are you thinking of going?
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Gotta check tides. If a good exchange is coming up on a weekend within the next month or so I'll probably plan a trip.
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Netarts bay is extremely current sensitive. I've dove it probably 70 times. If there is exchange above 4 foot it is definatly a high slack dive. The channel itself is pretty narrow so when the bay emptys there is a lot of water moving. Let me know when you want to go, I'll be glad to show you. :bounceline:
If only I had Gills
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

I might try to make it ifyou guys plan something... All I got goin on in the next 6 weeks is a trip to dive Catalina 20-25 of Jan. Otherwise weekends are currently open.
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

So on Sunday 1/17/10 there's a little less than a 5' exchange on the flood between about 7:30am and 1:00pm. How does that sound Doug? I'd be more than happy to go jump in if you think that's doable. It'd be great to have you along for the ride Shell if you'd like to go.
Can you hike out a bit on the jetty and ride the tide in? :mermaid:
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

I have that day free...so I will keep watching here to see if it is a go! :)
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Cool, if Netarts looks like it's a bust we should plan an alternate destination up north. Hood Canal or Tacoma or something.
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

works for me> I have all weekend free. Although Saturday would be easier (on my energy level to start work again Monday)....
:geek: