Divers lose Netarts boat ramp access

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Divers lose Netarts boat ramp access

Post by nwscubamom »

Just read this on FB from Salem Scuba (Allen Rolfness). Tillamook County passed a law that divers may no longer access the water down the boat ramp. Now they must go over the rocks to access the water (which rules me out from ever diving that site) - bummer.

- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Re: Divers lose Netarts boat ramp access

Post by guitarmaker »

Actually there's good beach access on the ocean side of the boat ramp and you can drive right to it; the down side is you have to cross the boat ramp to get to the best dive water. The plus side is that we've seen monkey face pricklebacks on that side of the ramp.
Cheers!

Ron
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

OH GOOD!! I was losing hope about those Monkeyface Pricklebacks....

- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Once again, I have been able to predict the future accurately:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11310
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Joshua Smith wrote:Once again, I have been able to predict the future accurately:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11310
Ooooo that was a tough one. Are you done patting yourself on the back yet Merlin? :joshsmith: :smt051 :bday: :thumb3d:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

nwscubamom wrote:OH GOOD!! I was losing hope about those Monkeyface Pricklebacks....

- Janna
Yep, Norm C. (Salem Scuba) and I saw one a few weeks ago - so ugly they're cute!

Hey, I would like to attend one of your fish ID classes, if your have one in the near future please let me know? :calvin:
Cheers!

Ron
Beefcake
Aquaphile

Post by Beefcake »

guitarmaker wrote:
nwscubamom wrote:OH GOOD!! I was losing hope about those Monkeyface Pricklebacks....

- Janna
Yep, Norm C. (Salem Scuba) and I saw one a few weeks ago - so ugly they're cute!

Hey, I would like to attend one of your fish ID classes, if your have one in the near future please let me know? :calvin:
Me too. I live by the zoo, but I couldn't clear my schedule for the class you did there last year.
customdiver
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by customdiver »

Salem Scuba is now a REEF Servey Station and will be teaching the REEF ID classes in the very near future...
lorne
Getting To Know Folks

Post by lorne »

If wishes were fishes, I'd want to have seen this coming. Monitor county commissioners' agendas and let divers within county boundaries know they could be weighing in?

Secondly, if ODFW funds went to help put the ramp in, divers also buy fishing licenses and should not be excluded from the improved access. Restricting our access to something we paid for should have to wait till alternative access has been provided for.

Sorry to hear about the bad apples, but, hey, every stakeholder group has to own up to a few.

Lorne