Garibaldi/Cape Lookout Sunday?

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Garibaldi/Cape Lookout Sunday?

Post by no excuses »

Looking at heading out of Garibaldi and going down to cape lookout Sunday. Weather and ocean conditions are looking pretty good. Let me know if you would be interested in going.

stan
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Re: Garibaldi/Cape Lookout Sunday?

Post by -Aaron- »

Stan,

If it wasn't Mother's Day I would be all over it. As it is I am meeting up with the family, so won't be able to make it out. Hope you have some good dives.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

-Aaron- wrote:Stan,

If it wasn't Mother's Day I would be all over it. As it is I am meeting up with the family, so won't be able to make it out. Hope you have some good dives.
I know I am being a bad son and going divng instead of mothers day stuff, but everyday is moms day :angelblue: .

Weather and ocean conditions are looking great so far, will have to get together later Aaron.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

The ocean forecast keeps getting better! This is going to be fun. :boucegreen:
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

ORDiver wrote:The ocean forecast keeps getting better! This is going to be fun. :boucegreen:

should be a great day to play in the ocean, see you tomorrow morning Dave :boucegreen: :metal:
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Lets hear how it was :).

After the amazing conditions we had on Saturday I'm looking forward to finding out how it was for you guys. I have to admit when I was eating Sunday brunch with the family I was thinking a bit about being out on the ocean :P
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Hey Aaron, we had a good day, viz was between 5' in the krill and 15'-20' out of it. Weather was great in the morning and then it clouded up and got a lil windy/bumpy for the ride home. Made first dive along the wall and it was not to bad, made the second dive about 150' South of the wall and it was a great dive. lots more life, saw a 18" octo hiding in a crack, lots of kelp greenling, lingcod, black rockfish. When out from the wall saw hundreds if not thousands of small (less then 1") crabs just all over the bottom, in some spots they just covered the ground . It was def. a good day on the coast.