Vis on the coast?

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Vis on the coast?

Post by ORDiver »

Anyone dove out there recently? Like within the last few days. How's the vis been?
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Re: Vis on the coast?

Post by -Aaron- »

I haven't been out recently, but I'd like to :P. You thinking about diving on the coast this weekend? I'd like to get in the water on Saturday, but I haven't been able to find anyone to dive with yet. Drop me a line if you want to hit the water, especially if it is somewhere close like Newport :).
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

-Aaron- wrote:I haven't been out recently, but I'd like to :P. You thinking about diving on the coast this weekend? I'd like to get in the water on Saturday, but I haven't been able to find anyone to dive with yet. Drop me a line if you want to hit the water, especially if it is somewhere close like Newport :).
I can't go this weekend, sorry we couldn't get you on Don's boat. Check the currents and pick a Sunday in the next few weeks that we could dive Newport. I would like to do a couple of dives and Newport is new to me. Shoot me a PM if you find a day that works.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

No worries Bric. It was my fault I shouldn't have waited until Thursday to try and get in on the trip :P.

I'll drop you a line next week and we can work out a time to dive. Next Sunday high slack is around 1:30 with a 3.6 foot high low exchange. Not placid but we could certainly get a few dives in around the slack tide.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Bric, Are you doing the 3 tank dive with PAC Adventures tomorrow? I'll be there!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

-Aaron- wrote:I haven't been out recently, but I'd like to :P. You thinking about diving on the coast this weekend? I'd like to get in the water on Saturday, but I haven't been able to find anyone to dive with yet. Drop me a line if you want to hit the water, especially if it is somewhere close like Newport :).
Matt and I are headed out to Garibaldi on Monday if you'd like to come along. I figured we'd check the vis and fisherman situation on the north jetty. If either of those are bad we'd head in to Three Graces or where the bay doglegs and maybe do some clamming.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

blackwater wrote:
I can't go this weekend, sorry we couldn't get you on Don's boat. Check the currents and pick a Sunday in the next few weeks that we could dive Newport. I would like to do a couple of dives and Newport is new to me. Shoot me a PM if you find a day that works.
Let me know what day you guys are doing this. I still haven't dove Newport.
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Matt and I are headed out to Garibaldi on Monday if you'd like to come along. I figured we'd check the vis and fisherman situation on the north jetty. If either of those are bad we'd head in to Three Graces or where the bay doglegs and maybe do some clamming.
Yeah I'm down to dive on Monday. What time are you guys thinking about getting in the water? I've actually got my shellfish license, though I haven't used it at all :P.

I'll keep you in the loop on the Newport trip. I believe Blackwater has Sundays off, so it will probably be 7/11 or 7/18 depending on his preference.