Oregon divers going to club dive Sept 18th?

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Let's hear a roll call for anyone coming up from Portland, Salem, Corvallis, Eugene...

Me! =-)

Coming up late Friday night so I can be on time and fresh faced at Redondo at 9am. =-) Gotta split in the afternoon for an appearance somewhere, but am staying the night and am looking for a nice easy dive with some good folks Sunday morning.
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

It'll be great to have some Oregonians representin'. I know Spatman is coming.
oregondiver
Submariner

Re: Oregon divers going to club dive Sept 18th?

Post by oregondiver »

Funky and I will be there! We are heading up Friday night as well. Be great to meet you on Saturday!
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

of course i'll be there! ORdiver is coming up with me, and i think AquanutChuck is looking for people to carpool with also...
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

I was coming up but it was strongly suggested that I not miss the NAUI 50 year anniversary in Portland on the same day. I am planning to make it to Keystone next month.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Here is the link to AquanutChuck's post looking for people to car-pool with up to the club dive:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... 04#p160904
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

selkie wrote:I was coming up but it was strongly suggested that I not miss the NAUI 50 year anniversary in Portland on the same day. I am planning to make it to Keystone next month.
what's going on in portland that day?
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

spatman wrote:
selkie wrote:I was coming up but it was strongly suggested that I not miss the NAUI 50 year anniversary in Portland on the same day. I am planning to make it to Keystone next month.
what's going on in portland that day?
"NAUI is celebrating 50 years of dive industry leadership in education and diving safety. We will spend this day celebrating with our NW NAUI friends and looking back at how diving has evolved and looking forward to NAUI's Bright Future.

All NAUI Friends and their guests are invited to join us for a day of fun and great stories. NAUI Friends include retired Instructors, acti...ve NAUI leaders/members and NAUI divers who want to have a good time with us all. We would love to have a chance to visit with the FUTURE NAUI Leadership.

This page will be updated as needed, so check back often.

As of SEPTEMBER 11, we have 56 people who have indicated that they will be here for the party.

Zale Parry, movie star with Lloyd Bridges in Sea Hunt will be here. She will have a video presentation on the Sea Hunt TV Series.

Tom Tillman, son of Al Tillman - NAUI #1 - will be here with the mobile diving museum.

Bill High will be here and he will have his books available for sale and signing.

Spence Campbell will be here with more sea stories. Spence will also have his book available to sell and sign.

Keith Sliman, current NAUI Chairman of the board will be here from Baton Rouge, Louisiana with more stories told like a true swamp land comedian.

Dennis Lucia will be here and we all know how well he tells stories.

Elizabeth Travis from NAUI Headquarters will join us. That's Great!!

Harry Vetter - NAUI #4 will join us.

We are happy that a few FUTURE NAUI Leaders will be with us as well. They are the KEY to NAUI's Bright Future.

Cost: $26 per person - includes Buffet lunch and special entertainment

Proposed Schedule:

10:30 AM REGISTRATION - Socialize – Look over Auction Items and Exhibits

11:30 AM LUNCH - Socialize – Look over Auction Items and Exhibits

1:00 PM PRESENTATION - NAUI History – Guest Speaker

1:45 PM PERSONAL STORIES – NAUI Experiences by NAUI Instructors

2:30 PM BREAK - Socialize – Look over Auction Items and Exhibits

2:45 PM PRESENTATION – NAUI’s “BRIGHT FUTURE” – Guest Speaker

3:30 PM BREAK - Socialize – Look over Auction Items and Exhibits
NAUI Birthday Cake Consumption

4:00 PM Auction

SPECIAL AUCTION
Auction Items should include Diving & NAUI History related stuff, old & antique books, magazines & publications, diving equipment, photos, etc. YOU may bring whatever you want to auction off.

The income from the auction will go to the persons selling the items, with a small percentage going to the Scuba America Historical Foundation.

SPECIAL BOOK SIGNINGS
Authors of books on diving will be invited to display & sell their books and be available for signings.

DIVING HISTORY TRAVELING MUSEUM
Tom Tillman, son of Al Tillman (NAUI #1), will exhibit the traveling museum. For more information on the Scuba America Historical Foundation, go to www.divinghistory.com

You may bring whatever you want for the auction. Old gear or new gear - marine stuff - old magazines & books - old photos or whatever you think people may want to bid on. You will keep most of the money and a percent will go toward the foundation fund.

DINNER / SEA STORY TELLING EVENT is a possibility.

If you want to stay at the Shilo Inn, their contact information is (800) 222-2244 and shiloinns.com
We will be at the Portland Airport Hotel at 11707 NE Airport Way - (503) 252-7500
Email Christina for special rates - christina.phillips@shiloinns.com

It's going to be fun, so please join us.

Please email me at tomh2491@comcast.net and get on the list.

You can RSVP on this Facebook Page as well.

Thanks,

Tom Hemphill"

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

hm, interesting. so this invite went out through FB only? i have a NAUI cert and i never received an email or anything about this...
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

spatman wrote:hm, interesting. so this invite went out through FB only? i have a NAUI cert and i never received an email or anything about this...
Hmmm, I just sent you an invitation so you can decline. I got added to the list by my NAUI dive instructor maybe your instructor didn't think the event was important.

lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Woo hoo, Oregon divers UNTIE! Uh, I mean, uh... something. ;-)

Should we all wear the "I love Oregon" stickers on our chest so we can locate one another? hee hee
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

no need, we'll stand out from the crowd. we'll be the good-looking ones.
Joe Blow
Avid Diver

Post by Joe Blow »

lavachickie wrote:Woo hoo, Oregon divers UNTIE! Uh, I mean, uh... something. ;-)

Should we all wear the "I love Oregon" stickers on our chest so we can locate one another? hee hee

No need to wear anything, the other folks should be able to smell the patchouli oil. :penelope:
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Joe Blow wrote:
lavachickie wrote:Woo hoo, Oregon divers UNTIE! Uh, I mean, uh... something. ;-)
No need to wear anything, the other folks should be able to smell the patchouli oil. :penelope:
I'm from SALEM, not Ashland. Geez. :stir:

To locate me by smell, before the dive be on the lookout for Lancome's Tresor. A liberal dusting of dog hair is also sometimes a giveaway. And afterward... well, the dog hair gets washed off and we're all gonna smell the same--Eu de Puget!--so you'll just have to ask for names then.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

lavachickie wrote:
Joe Blow wrote:
I'm from SALEM, not Ashland. Geez. :stir:

To locate me by smell, before the dive be on the lookout for Lancome's Tresor. A liberal dusting of dog hair is also sometimes a giveaway. And afterward... well, the dog hair gets washed off and we're all gonna smell the same--Eu de Puget!--so you'll just have to ask for names then.
Only a true Oregonian knows that Ashland, not Eugene, is the hippie epicenter of that state! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there-I hope you'll like me, even though I'm a Seattle native!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Oh, and http://xkcd.com/745/
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Joe Blow
Avid Diver

Post by Joe Blow »

Considering the population in Ashland isn't even a tenth of Eugene, I'm going to have to strongly disagree. I could be biased though, I was born on 13th street, and raised in Eugene..............
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Joe Blow wrote:Considering the population in Ashland isn't even a tenth of Eugene, I'm going to have to strongly disagree. I could be biased though, I was born on 13th street, and raised in Eugene..............
There's definitely MORE hippies in Eugene, they're just hippier in Ashland! I kid because I love-I flew my freak flag proudly for many years! (And some would argue, I still do...) :supz:

Joe Blow
Avid Diver

Post by Joe Blow »

scottsax wrote:
Joe Blow wrote:Considering the population in Ashland isn't even a tenth of Eugene, I'm going to have to strongly disagree. I could be biased though, I was born on 13th street, and raised in Eugene..............
There's definitely MORE hippies in Eugene, they're just hippier in Ashland! I kid because I love-I flew my freak flag proudly for many years! (And some would argue, I still do...) :supz:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your still flyin it................. :pirate: :pirate:
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

I wish I could make it up, I still haven't gotten a chance to go to a club dive, but I have a family get together happening this weekend, so I'm not available. I can console myself with the fact that I'll be in the Channel Islands in a week and a half :). Have fun everyone, hopefully I will see you all at the next dive :).
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Hey Aaron, you going to be on the Vision? I'll see you there!
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

hey lavachickie,

Yep I will be on the Vision with the Salem Scuba group. We had a great time and amazing conditions last year, so I am hoping for more of the same. Looking forward to meeting you. My buddy and I will be the tall scruffy looking guys in the red van :P.