OR coast sea conditions, 30'-35' seas

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

OR coast sea conditions, 30'-35' seas

Post by no excuses »

:eek: COASTAL WATERS FROM CAPE SHOALWATER WA TO CASCADE HEAD OR OUT 10 NM-COASTAL WATERS FROM CASCADE HEAD TO FLORENCE OR OUT 10 NM- WATERS FROM CAPE SHOALWATER WA TO CASCADE HEAD OR FROM 10 TO 60 NM-WATERS FROM CASCADE HEAD TO FLORENCE OR FROM 10 TO 60 NM- 853 PM PDT SAT OCT 23 2010 ...STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM PDT SUNDAY... .TONIGHT...S WIND 35 TO 45 KT...WITH GUSTS 50 TO 55 KT UNTIL 3 AM. COMBINED SEAS 20 TO 25 FT...WITH DOMINANT PERIOD 11 SECONDS. RAIN...HEAVY AT TIMES EARLY. .SUN...SW WIND 25 TO 30 KT...WITH GUSTS TO 40 TO 45 KT. COMBINED SEAS 22 FT...BUILDING TO 28 FT LATE DAY. DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS. RAIN IN THE MORNING...THEN SHOWERS. ISOLATED TSTMS. .SUN NIGHT...SW WIND 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS TO 40 KT. COMBINED SEAS 30 TO 34 FT...LARGEST IN THE N. DOMINANT PERIOD 14 SECONDS. SHOWERS. .MON...W WIND 25 KT. COMBINED SEAS 30 TO 35 FT...LARGEST IN THE N. SHOWERS. :eek:

def. time to stay on the beach :smt064
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Re: OR coast sea conditions, 30'-35' seas

Post by lavachickie »

Some wild weather out there! Can't wait for the storms to roll in. This midwest girl MISSES thunder and lightning!
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
Sabre_Rider
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sabre_Rider »

no excuses wrote::eek: COASTAL WATERS FROM CAPE SHOALWATER WA TO CASCADE HEAD OR OUT 10 NM-COASTAL WATERS FROM CASCADE HEAD TO FLORENCE OR OUT 10 NM- WATERS FROM CAPE SHOALWATER WA TO CASCADE HEAD OR FROM 10 TO 60 NM-WATERS FROM CASCADE HEAD TO FLORENCE OR FROM 10 TO 60 NM- 853 PM PDT SAT OCT 23 2010 ...STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM PDT SUNDAY... .TONIGHT...S WIND 35 TO 45 KT...WITH GUSTS 50 TO 55 KT UNTIL 3 AM. COMBINED SEAS 20 TO 25 FT...WITH DOMINANT PERIOD 11 SECONDS. RAIN...HEAVY AT TIMES EARLY. .SUN...SW WIND 25 TO 30 KT...WITH GUSTS TO 40 TO 45 KT. COMBINED SEAS 22 FT...BUILDING TO 28 FT LATE DAY. DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS. RAIN IN THE MORNING...THEN SHOWERS. ISOLATED TSTMS. .SUN NIGHT...SW WIND 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS TO 40 KT. COMBINED SEAS 30 TO 34 FT...LARGEST IN THE N. DOMINANT PERIOD 14 SECONDS. SHOWERS. .MON...W WIND 25 KT. COMBINED SEAS 30 TO 35 FT...LARGEST IN THE N. SHOWERS. :eek:

def. time to stay on the beach :smt064

Where's your sense of adventure? Sissy!

Ummm, ok, so it's rough, a 150 footer ought to do it, then lets go......................................
Do you want to add years to your life, or life to your years?
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Let's at least go out and take a look at the bar. I'm almost sure we could make the run down to Cape Lookout.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

ORDiver wrote:Let's at least go out and take a look at the bar. I'm almost sure we could make the run down to Cape Lookout.
sure I will take video from the beach and whatch you all cross the bar with Marie driving :neener: :rofl:
Sabre_Rider
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sabre_Rider »

no excuses wrote:
ORDiver wrote:Let's at least go out and take a look at the bar. I'm almost sure we could make the run down to Cape Lookout.
sure I will take video from the beach and whatch you all cross the bar with Marie driving :neener: :rofl:

:eek: I almost can't stay in the boat on calm water with Marie driving, her answer to everything is MORE THROTTLE!!!! :nutty: I would like to go down and see it though, it's a big storm, I'm in Tracy, Ca. now and it's nasty down here to.
Do you want to add years to your life, or life to your years?
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Sabre_Rider wrote:
no excuses wrote:

:eek: I almost can't stay in the boat on calm water with Marie driving, her answer to everything is MORE THROTTLE!!!! :nutty: I would like to go down and see it though, it's a big storm, I'm in Tracy, Ca. now and it's nasty down here to.

Marie does not give it more throttle when the going gets rough, she just holds on to the wheel and forgets to back off the throttle lol.

follow this link to view bar cameras of the action on the coast.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/marine/bars_mover.php
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

If you don't want to take the boat out, why don't we do a night dive on the jetty. Extreme surge, take your seasick pills. Flying exit at the end. Does anyone have Mac and Jacks in Garibaldi?
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Sounds like you need less throttle, more COWBELL!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!