Looking for Buddy and Carpool in/from Oregon

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
FarmerMike
Getting To Know Folks

Looking for Buddy and Carpool in/from Oregon

Post by FarmerMike »

Hi Oregon Divers,

I am an OW diver (hope to have my AOW in a few weeks) looking for both buddies and carpool this winter. I am new to diving and looking for opportunities to learn from more experienced divers. My schedule is a bit funky and I am not free all the time. But ... I am happy to drive and am happy to go to the coast, hood canal, or wherever. As a nob, I use up my air really fast and am just starting to buy my gear so I need to dive with somewhat patient divers.

Feel free to PM me, I check this site once a week or so.

FarmerMike
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Re: Looking for Buddy and Carpool in/from Oregon

Post by guitarmaker »

So where in Oregon are you? There's lots of divers in the Portland area or in Salem (where I'm from) too.
Cheers!

Ron
ABdivermatt
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ABdivermatt »

where are all they abalone divers ? and scallop diver's at ?
COME CHECK US OUT
Norcal Underwater Hunters.com
Diving the second best wet pleasure !
My worst day diving is still better than my best day at work !
When you enter the water you enter the food chain !
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Seven Seas Scuba in Vancouver Washington has monthly shore dives.
You can hookup with a car pool thru them and would met some other local divers at the events.

Next one is Dec 18th up to Point Whitney Hood Canal.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
FarmerMike
Getting To Know Folks

Post by FarmerMike »

Guess I have not been checking as often as I should! Quick responses by you, crickets at my end.

I am near Colton, south of Estacada, OR. I will check out the Dec 18 event, and will check back in more often!
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

My wife and I make at least two trips a month to the Hood Canal area or east side of the Puget Sound. We live in Portland. PM me or send an email.

Jeff.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ABdivermatt wrote:where are all they abalone divers ? and scallop diver's at ?
california.
ABdivermatt
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ABdivermatt »

spatman wrote:
california.
what Oregon does not have any ! there is some good ab diving to be had up there I have ben told. Figured I would try and se if there were any locals that would like to hook up for some abalone and scallop diving ! free dive or scuba
COME CHECK US OUT
Norcal Underwater Hunters.com
Diving the second best wet pleasure !
My worst day diving is still better than my best day at work !
When you enter the water you enter the food chain !
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

ABdivermatt wrote:
spatman wrote:
california.
what Oregon does not have any ! there is some good ab diving to be had up there I have ben told. Figured I would try and se if there were any locals that would like to hook up for some abalone and scallop diving ! free dive or scuba
a little rough off the OR coast to go diving this time of year :angelblue:
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

no excuses wrote:
ABdivermatt wrote:
spatman wrote:
california.
What do you mean? Anyone out there in a small boat is :nutty: Getting out of the boat is easy getting back in may be a problem :eek: . All of that is provided the bar is not closed. :popcorn:

Tonight
Se wind 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt...rising to 25 to 30 kt with gusts to 40 kt. Combined seas 12 ft dominant period 11 seconds. Rain likely before dark...then rain.
Sat
Se wind 25 to 30 kt...becoming S 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 kt. Combined seas 12 ft dominant period 10 seconds. Rain and slight chance of tstms.
Sat Night
S wind 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. W swell 10 ft at 9 seconds. Showers and slight chance of tstms.
Sun
Se wind 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. SW swell 10 ft. Showers and slight chance of tstms.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

selkie wrote:
no excuses wrote:
ABdivermatt wrote:
spatman wrote:
california.
What do you mean? Anyone out there in a small boat is :nutty: Getting out of the boat is easy getting back in may be a problem :eek: . All of that is provided the bar is not closed. :popcorn:

Tonight
Se wind 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt...rising to 25 to 30 kt with gusts to 40 kt. Combined seas 12 ft dominant period 11 seconds. Rain likely before dark...then rain.
Sat
Se wind 25 to 30 kt...becoming S 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 kt. Combined seas 12 ft dominant period 10 seconds. Rain and slight chance of tstms.
Sat Night
S wind 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. W swell 10 ft at 9 seconds. Showers and slight chance of tstms.
Sun
Se wind 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. SW swell 10 ft. Showers and slight chance of tstms.
C'mon guys. Don't be weenies. I was planning on heading out of Tillamook in my 14' Smokercraft tomorrow for some diving at Cape Lookout. We could stop by and dive the Barview Jetty on the way back in. It's the perfect time of year to dive it. You just walk out to the end, jump in at the top of a 8' swell, drift dive the jetty in to the bay at 5 knots with zero vis and then catch a wave back out on to the top. Along the way you grab a huge abalone.
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

ORDiver wrote:
selkie wrote:
no excuses wrote:
ABdivermatt wrote:
spatman wrote:
california.

Tonight
Sat
Sat Night
Sun
C'mon guys. Don't be weenies. I was planning on heading out of Tillamook in my 14' Smokercraft tomorrow for some diving at Cape Lookout. We could stop by and dive the Barview Jetty on the way back in. It's the perfect time of year to dive it. You just walk out to the end, jump in at the top of a 8' swell, drift dive the jetty in to the bay at 5 knots with zero vis and then catch a wave back out on to the top. Along the way you grab a huge abalone.
Count Me in :neener:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

selkie wrote:
ORDiver wrote:
selkie wrote:
no excuses wrote:
ABdivermatt wrote:
spatman wrote:
california.

Tonight
Sat
Sat Night
Sun
count me in also,

to take video from a nice safe spot on shore :taco:
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

no excuses wrote:
selkie wrote:
ORDiver wrote:
selkie wrote:
no excuses wrote:
ABdivermatt wrote:
spatman wrote:
california.

Tonight
Sat
Sat Night
Sun
count me in also,

to take video from a nice safe spot on shore :taco:

I planted a bunch of 9 inch Oregon Red Abalones at the Jetty about 20 years ago.... hmmmmmm, I think they should be just the right size now!!!! :) Oh... don't tell anyone about this "Secret"! :burntchef:
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

ABdivermatt wrote:
spatman wrote:
california.

Matt
:rawlings:

"Little secrets are commonly told again, but great ones are generally kept!!"
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."