Garibaldi Boat Dive -- This Saturday July 14th

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Garibaldi Boat Dive -- This Saturday July 14th

Post by FlyinV »

This Saturday July 14th 2012 -- Currently this minute -- there are 2 spots open on the boat and I need to find a couple divers! Oregon Scuba Club is putting on this charter and some things came up for a couple divers this week and they had to get off the boat.

Weather and tides look AWESOME!
There will be some hunting and gathering on the boat.
You can do that (have your licenses) or you could find a buddy and just sight see and check out Oregon coast diving.

Info about boat -- http://www.garibaldifishingcharters.com/Diving.htm
Meeting at the Tillamook Bay Boathouse (in the Garibaldi Marina) at 7AM (subject to change to a little later)
You could leave PDX about 5AM and be there in plenty of time.

Advanced Open water and above please -- This is open ocean diving.

Cost $75
Bring all your stuff, food and drinks -- This isn't the comfy dive charters of Puget Sound -- but on the other hand you will be seeing something different.

my cell -- 503-901-0721
Email -- divecoordinator@oregonscuba.com

I am posting this all over the place to fill up the boat so don't delay if you want on the boat.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Re: Garibaldi Boat Dive -- This Saturday July 14th

Post by FlyinV »

One spot left on the boat as a had a message left on my phone last night claiming a spot and will be calling the diver today to confirm.
Jeff V
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Diver confirmed -- He has been on this boat before so its cool to have someone experienced with this exact trip to tell me its awesome :)

Still room for 1 more person to fill up the boat.

Just as a note -- I am not running around trying to fill this boat to get a free ride :) --- I am actually paying for my spot -- I just don't want to have to buy the empty spots since I am the guy who set up the trip. We do have 1 free person on the boat but that person is staying topside to be an extra set of eyes and hands to make sure all the paid for divers spots have a safe and easy trip.
Jeff V
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

FlyinV wrote:Diver confirmed -- He has been on this boat before so its cool to have someone experienced with this exact trip to tell me its awesome :)

Still room for 1 more person to fill up the boat.

Just as a note -- I am not running around trying to fill this boat to get a free ride :) --- I am actually paying for my spot -- I just don't want to have to buy the empty spots since I am the guy who set up the trip. We do have 1 free person on the boat but that person is staying topside to be an extra set of eyes and hands to make sure all the paid for divers spots have a safe and easy trip.
Oh just call me your boat bitch. :neener:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

And after all this ---

The captain strongly suggested we cancel the trip.

Viz is going way down (he had a group monday) and with the swells and waves predicted to increase he doesn't think it will get any better.

So now I will run around and contact all the people I begged to get on the boat that its off.
Jeff V