Central Oregon Diving & Divers

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
povo
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Central Oregon Diving & Divers

Post by povo »

This is an initial post that I hope will develope into a place that those of us who live and dive in Central Oregon (and visitors, of course) can connect. I know we're here, with a range of levels of competency and desires to dive year-round (pretty much from cold to colder). Billy Chinook, Cultus, Waldo Lake, Clear Lake... And along with our local locales there are trips to Hood Canal, Edmonds Water Park, and other San Juan locations to be had. I know we have neighbors to the north of us who are more than willing to give us some direction (such as Bob - NW Grateful Diver). Any thoughts about how to pull this off would be appreciated. ~ Patrick (povo)
Mortuus
Amphibian

Re: Central Oregon Diving & Divers

Post by Mortuus »

Well damn, this shoulda been posted a year ago when I still lived in Bend! One of these days I will have to come back to dive the lakes there again. I would also love to hear more from Oregon divers on this board though, even if I am not living there anymore
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Nwcid »

Looks like I will have to pack my dive gear during fire season as it seems like we always end up in the area.
John

Check out my site, http://scubadivesites.webs.com/
LittleGoat
Frequent Bubbler

Post by LittleGoat »

I've always enjoyed the Deschutes Cleanup. I didn't go last year because it was on a Friday and those are hard days for me to get off from work. I've also dove Scout Lake as a cleanup effort and I posted a location report on the appropriate forum about it. I think that the diving community needs to be more involved in keeping our water ways clean. There are clean up days, but they seem to be hit or miss on weekends...
I am not a capricorn... I am a Seagoat.
EARTHCRUISER
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by EARTHCRUISER »

G`day Recently moved to Bend.
Have not dived here before. Would love to fine out more about the clean up?

Lance
LittleGoat
Frequent Bubbler

Post by LittleGoat »

The Deschutes River clean up has, in the past been an organized event. I've always relied on a friend in Bend to keep me informed. There is a dive store there that I believe coordinates with other organizations for the cleanup, but I can't think of the name of it for the life of me.

The Scout Lake clean up is an informal thing that friends of mine do every year. It usually takes place in the early fall after the party people have all but cleared out from using it for the year. When we do it next, I'll post up here to get people informed on when and where.
I am not a capricorn... I am a Seagoat.
EARTHCRUISER
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by EARTHCRUISER »

Many thanks
Please post. Info when you can. What is it like to do the dechutes clean up?