Eugene Dive Club upcoming dive

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
Furnari
Aquaphile

Eugene Dive Club upcoming dive

Post by Furnari »

Despite the horrid weather conditions this week, the Eugene Dive Club will be hosting a dive Sunday in Winchester Bay. Non-members are invited to attend (we'll ask you to sign our standard waiver). We'll be diving in the Triangle, which is protected from surf and tide and just perfect for newer divers. My hope is that folks that haven't dove there will join us for an opportunity to explore a new site. This location is one of my favorite shore dives on the coast, as there's lots more life than found in our typical estuary dives. PM me for more info if you're interested in hanging out with us...
Attachments
Triangle.png
selkie
Submariner

Re: Eugene Dive Club upcoming dive

Post by selkie »

Could you guys post this on the Oregon Scuba Club facebook page? I am sure that some of the members would be excited to attend.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Is the diving done inside the triangle?
What is the depth?
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Yes, we'll be diving in the Triangle- the max depth I've found is between 20-25'. Depending on conditions, experienced divers are welcome to dive on the river side but will be entirely on their own. We'll meet up at the crab dock parking lot at 10am on Sunday, where we'll give a dive site briefing for the crab dock and Half Moon Bay before heading over to the Coast Guard tower. I'll post on the OSC page as well...
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Thanks for the info!
I can't make it this weekend but I certainly want to meet up and dive with some people in the central/southern Oregon Coast!
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Check out Eugene divers buddy finder on Facebook- you can also sign up on the e-mail list at the Eugene Dive Club website, and feel free to shoot me a message- my group dives pretty often :)