Welcome Oregon Divers!

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Re: Welcome Oregon Divers!

Postby ORDiver » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:13 am

ORDiver wrote:
spatman wrote:
ORDiver wrote:I'd be down with either of those weekends too. I would just be happy to dive Tillamook. Hey Spatman. You still going up to the sound on the 13th? Cause I'd be up for that too. And, back to a previous note, Oregon definately has the best beer. We got Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, Bridgeport etc. And Portland traffic is nothin compared to the crap up in Seattle. So, maybe the diving isn't quite as good but.....eh, what the hell. Oregon rules!

Dave (Seattle Native)

welcome to the dark side, dave!

even though Deschutes is my current favorite brewery. there are many excellent Oregon beers. i do enjoy many of them and pledge my allegiance to S.N.O.B.

the 13th is still on, too. i believe oregondiver (shell) is interested in diving that day too. the more the merrier. maybe there can be a carpool/caravan going. i'll post a thread about it soon. any requests on a dive site?

I've got a truck with room for one more or would be willing to carpool up. I would be interested in diving Alki Pipeline on the west side of Alki point. :occasion5:

Deshutes has been my favorite for awhile. Ya just can't beat Black Butte Porter.

ORDiver
Aquanaut

Postby ORDiver » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:11 am

spatman wrote:
ORDiver wrote:I'd be down with either of those weekends too. I would just be happy to dive Tillamook. Hey Spatman. You still going up to the sound on the 13th? Cause I'd be up for that too. And, back to a previous note, Oregon definately has the best beer. We got Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, Bridgeport etc. And Portland traffic is nothin compared to the crap up in Seattle. So, maybe the diving isn't quite as good but.....eh, what the hell. Oregon rules!

Dave (Seattle Native)

even though Deschutes is my current favorite brewery. there are many excellent Oregon beers. i do enjoy many of them and pledge my allegiance to S.N.O.B.

the 13th is still on, too. i believe oregondiver (shell) is interested in diving that day too. the more the merrier. maybe there can be a carpool/caravan going. i'll post a thread about it soon. any requests on a dive site?

I've got a truck with room for one more or would be willing to carpool up. I would be interested in diving Alki Pipeline on the west side of Alki point. :occasion5:

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Dave (Seattle Native)

ORDiver
Aquanaut

Postby ORDiver » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:42 pm

spatman wrote:i'd be interested if it were sept 27-28 or oct 4-5. keep us posted...

I'd be down with either of those weekends too. I would just be happy to dive Tillamook. Hey Spatman. You still going up to the sound on the 13th? Cause I'd be up for that too. And, back to a previous note, Oregon definately has the best beer. We got Deschutes, Rogue, Widmer, Bridgeport etc. And Portland traffic is nothin compared to the crap up in Seattle. So, maybe the diving isn't quite as good but.....eh, what the hell. Oregon rules!

Dave (Seattle Native)

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 am

i'd be interested if it were sept 27-28 or oct 4-5. keep us posted...

sparky
I've Got Gills

Postby sparky » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:26 am

ORDiver wrote:This is cool. We need to get a coast dive together. I'd be up to try Tillamook Bay on either the weekend of 9/13 or the weekend of 9/20. Would anyone with some OR coast experience like to go? The tides look better on 9/20-21.

I would love to go but this is the weekend i Will be at dive training for the URT it is always the third weekend of each month

have to sit this one out as well, Man I just cant catch a brake on this diving thing

think I'm going to dig a deep hole in the yard and fill it with water

wonder if my land lord would get pissed
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him

ORDiver
Aquanaut

Postby ORDiver » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:01 pm

This is cool. We need to get a coast dive together. I'd be up to try Tillamook Bay on either the weekend of 9/13 or the weekend of 9/20. Would anyone with some OR coast experience like to go? The tides look better on 9/20-21.

Bluesman
Just Settling In

Postby Bluesman » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks to Sparky, a friend and I stopped in at Garibaldi Scuba about 1 month ago. Dick was very friendly and we bought a few items. But I must say the supply of current items seemed to be small. We hope Dick or someone else keeps a shop open in the Tillamook area.
Bluesman

sparky
I've Got Gills

Postby sparky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm

nwbobber wrote:We were in Garibaldi last weekend and he said he was quitting business this month, due to health reasons. I hope someone else picks up the business.

me to but he has been saying that for 2 years now though but stil i hope some one bys it
A Smart Man

Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man

nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Postby nwbobber » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:31 pm

We were in Garibaldi last weekend and he said he was quitting business this month, due to health reasons. I hope someone else picks up the business.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu

sparky
I've Got Gills

Postby sparky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:44 pm

no excuses wrote:Where is a good spot on the Oregon coast to get air, say from Pacific city North??? Thanks stan..

the only two places i know of for air fills is going to be Garibaldi Scuba here is his number,
( 503 ) 322-0113 Shop ( 503 ) 377-2387 home Dick Erickson owner

I would be sure to call ahead as he can some times be hard to catch

there is a place up here in Astoria as well if you need that information I can get it for you as well

just let me know
Sparky
A Smart Man

Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man

no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Postby no excuses » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:05 am

Where is a good spot on the Oregon coast to get air, say from Pacific city North??? Thanks stan..

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:01 am

SPARKY!!

where have you been, man? are you still diving?

we have a bunch of oregon divers on this forum who want to get some oregon coast diving in. would you be interested in getting a dive together and showing some folks around?

don't be a stranger, dude!

sparky
I've Got Gills

Postby sparky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm

OREGON DIVERS RULE !!
now see to it that you remember that. don't make me come up there
oh on second thought

grate idea thanks guys

Sparky
A Smart Man

Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 pm

no excuses wrote:
spatman wrote:
tangfish wrote:
spatman wrote:
tangfish wrote:I'm still puzzled, where do Oregon divers get wet, Hood Canal? :smt064

kiddiepool.jpg

I'm in! What's the dive profile like, .5ffw for oh, about 4-5 hours or until golden brown?

usually 2-3 hours with an MOD of 1ffw. you can go longer but you'll get into an margarita obligation, and really long dives will get you into straight tequila obligations.

Dang it can really get rough when u get in the tequila abligation, the upsurge can get nasty

yeah, i've been in many dives where there was a terrible upsurge. :partyman:

no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Postby no excuses » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:17 pm

spatman wrote:
tangfish wrote:
spatman wrote:
tangfish wrote:I'm still puzzled, where do Oregon divers get wet, Hood Canal? :smt064

kiddiepool.jpg

I'm in! What's the dive profile like, .5ffw for oh, about 4-5 hours or until golden brown?

usually 2-3 hours with an MOD of 1ffw. you can go longer but you'll get into an margarita obligation, and really long dives will get you into straight tequila obligations.

Dang it can really get rough when u get in the tequila abligation, the upsurge can get nasty

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:09 pm

tangfish wrote:
spatman wrote:

kiddiepool.jpg

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Postby Tangfish » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:42 pm

spatman wrote:

kiddiepool.jpg

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 am

Crystaltear wrote:I'm curious about fresh water dives, so maybe the clear lakes.
I saw some of narcosis Junky's photos taken in a lake, just got my new housing and wide angle lenses, can't wait to try them.

looks like there will be some forum members there that weekend:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5349

Crystaltear
Avid Diver

Postby Crystaltear » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:48 am

tangfish wrote:
Crystaltear wrote:Yay =D>

Not a diver from Oregon, but I am planning a dive trip to Oregon :D

I'm still puzzled, where do Oregon divers get wet, Hood Canal? :smt064

Nice try :la:

I'm curious about fresh water dives, so maybe the clear lakes.
I saw some of narcosis Junky's photos taken in a lake, just got my new housing and wide angle lenses, can't wait to try them.
Guanjin

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:47 am

kiddiepool.jpg
this is how we roll in OR

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Postby Sounder » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 am

tangfish wrote:

Cove 2 and Redondo are also popular Oregon diving spots.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Postby Tangfish » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:38 am

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:35 am